First Bass Of The Season

iMick

Lovely day on the water today with little to no wind and blue skies.

Good little Bass just over the 30cm mark on my light Bream gear, first for the new yak.

post-10586-077765200 1283929247_thumb.jpg

Stumbled on some good looking string weed too, anyone want to share how to store it, fridge or freezer?

post-10586-068211900 1283929328_thumb.jpg

post-10586-036115600 1283929349_thumb.jpg

post-10586-048266900 1283929372_thumb.jpg

Got a few good Bream today too in the shallows and a couple of small Bass just as I was leaving.

Mullet were everywhere today, looks like summers going to be a cracker.

Mick

Edited by iMick

• 4 weeks later...

Well done on your first yak bass, Mick!! The first of many, I reckon!!

Re the weed - you can freeze it in small quantities (ziplock bags are good.) Just leave one corner open & dunk the bag in water to express out any air, then close that final corner. Sometimes freshwater weed like that does go 'slimey' after a short while.

best thing would be to use it & see if the blackies take it!! :biggrin2: Then only gather it in quantities as you would use it. You should never run out!!

Cheers

Roberta

Well done dude

Thanks mate.

Well done on your first yak bass, Mick!! The first of many, I reckon!!

Re the weed - you can freeze it in small quantities (ziplock bags are good.) Just leave one corner open & dunk the bag in water to express out any air, then close that final corner. Sometimes freshwater weed like that does go 'slimey' after a short while.

best thing would be to use it & see if the blackies take it!! :biggrin2: Then only gather it in quantities as you would use it. You should never run out!!

Cheers

Roberta

Thanks for that Roberta. I had it in the fridge for about a week and then used it in the Hawkesbury and I did have my float go down once (didn't hook up), so they do eat it.

Good work on the yak bass mate, I took delivery of a new Hobie Quest yesterday and I'm itching to get out bass fishing soon.

Cheers,

Adam.

Hobie yaks are great you'll have a ball with it, pedal yaks are handy but a paddle yak has it's advantage, like working the ultra shallow bass creeks without fear of bashing up your mirage drive.