Marine Rescue

luvbigfish

hi raiders , installed a new transducer last fiday and took out my old fish finder , unfortunately on saturday at boultons i had ignition problems ,(due to my wiring i thinks :thumbdown: ) and had to call marine rescue to come rescue us and give us a tow back to parsley bay brooklyn , luckily after about 45mins of fiddling with the wiring and fuses i got it going,and called off the rescue , my question is do marine rescue bill you for there efforts if so does anyone no what the costs are?

cheers paul.

I ran out of fuel once in my old punt near Molyneux Point in Botany Bay and got towed into Kyeemagh. We had a good chat on the way in and I gave a cash donation on the boat and they issued me with a receipt. It was much appreciated and when Marine Rescue briefed my fishing club they said they were a volunteer organisation with limited funding, so donations are most welcome. So, I am very happy to help the cause.

Cheers,

Baz

I thought you guys were talking about SEATOW. I really wasn't aware of Marine Rescue.

I just signed up to SEATOW for $150 a year. Do you guys think it's worth it or just use Marine Rescue? This is my second year with them, $300 I rather donate that when I use a rescue service.

I thought you guys were talking about SEATOW. I really wasn't aware of Marine Rescue.

I just signed up to SEATOW for $150 a year. Do you guys think it's worth it or just use Marine Rescue? This is my second year with them, $300 I rather donate that when I use a rescue service.

The Marine Rescue is exactly that, concerned with rescue and promotion of safe boating practices. It is NOT a towing organisation. They get pretty cross when people use them as a towing outfit. It is up to all boaters to make sure their vessel is seaworthy before going out on the waterways.

The NSW Government announced in November 2008 the establishment of a new volunteer marine rescue organisation to be called Marine Rescue NSW. Marine Rescue NSW is an organisation comprising of the unification of the Australian Volunteer Coast Guard Association, the Volunteer Rescue Association and the Royal Volunteer Coastal Patrol.

Here is the link to the website MARINE RESCUE NSW and a e - zine called SOUNDERS

Marine Rescue NSW will be as dependent on community fund raising as the existing three organisations. Whilst the NSW Government provides around $1.4 million a year for capital, mainly boat replacement, and will provide $3 million in transitional funding operating costs comes from community fund raising and other contributions and donations. So please keep on making your contribution and keep these volunteer services going - for safety's sake!

Here is what SEATOW does

Sea Tow Services Australia is dedicated to providing members with a variety of on-the-water services, including multiple area towing, fuel drops and jump starts, prop disentanglements and more.Sea Tow can professionally test your battery on water and should you require a replacement, we carry Exide Stowaway Marine Grade Batteries plus we have access to the entire Exide range at discount prices to members.

Sea Tow not only provides marine assistance but will go the extra mile to make your boating experience more enjoyable. Should our members be boating in unfamiliar waters and have a question about sand bars, shoaling or weather conditions, or just need a restaurant recommendation, a qualified team of Sea Tow professionals are standing by ready to assist.

With the cost of commercial assistance as high as $250 per hour, Sea Tow wants to ensure its members always have unlimited protection.

I have towed scores of boats back to ramps and moorings, when working in the Water Police. Most were towed through the owners stupidity - eg, not carrying sufficient fuel, not checking the condition of the fuel or lines prior to going out etc. How often do you see someone spending ages trying to get their motor started at the ramp and then when it finally does kick over and splutters and chugs, they head off. Obviously there is something not right with the motor.

Most times we would get a thank you sometimes nothing except a glare. The boat owners more or less putting the blame for their breakdown on us!!!???

Volunteer Coastguard do a great job and yes they operate by donation. Seatow perform a service for which you pay and you also pay for other expenses on top of your annual fee.

If you need a tow, then show your appreciation in a way which you deem fit. A thank you is often well accepted.

I have towed scores of boats back to ramps and moorings, when working in the Water Police. Most were towed through the owners stupidity - eg, not carrying sufficient fuel, not checking the condition of the fuel or lines prior to going out etc. How often do you see someone spending ages trying to get their motor started at the ramp and then when it finally does kick over and splutters and chugs, they head off. Obviously there is something not right with the motor.

Most times we would get a thank you sometimes nothing except a glare. The boat owners more or less putting the blame for their breakdown on us!!!???

Volunteer Coastguard do a great job and yes they operate by donation. Seatow perform a service for which you pay and you also pay for other expenses on top of your annual fee.

If you need a tow, then show your appreciation in a way which you deem fit. A thank you is often well accepted.

G/day, Stormy,

I tried to join you blokes when I finally left navy seals.

They told me I had to join police force then apply.Not likely was my reply,I

would still be waiting.

your right about some of those idiots with boats.

your quote"obviously there is something not right with the motors"OWNER".

cheers Rick.

thanks for the replies all , i will gladly donate to marine rescue but hopefully ill never need to use there much appreciated services , i think next time ill leave the wiring to a professionals!! still dont no why she died out there :huh: shes fired 1st click evry time since we came back in that day,and ive tested her every day since then without any issues , i still have her booked in thursday so my auto electrician can give me some peace of mind ,and have her all ready for the weekend! ;).

cheers paul