Motor Not Receiving Fuel

jamiekmccue

My HONDA 90Hp is not receiving fuel. I started it 2 weeks ago and it was running fine. On the weekend when I had it the water ready for a days fishing -- nothing. I put petrol in just to make sure it wasn't empty. Now appears to have an air bubble and despite pumping the fuel bulp cant seem to get fuel to the motor. The fuel bulb remains empty and does not fill with petrol. Hasnt' happened before and unsure of what to. Hoping someone can offer an easy solution rather than sending to the mechanic or pulling up the floor. Was thinking of getting a new line and bulb to start with. Help please.

My HONDA 90Hp is not receiving fuel. I started it 2 weeks ago and it was running fine. On the weekend when I had it the water ready for a days fishing -- nothing. I put petrol in just to make sure it wasn't empty. Now appears to have an air bubble and despite pumping the fuel bulp cant seem to get fuel to the motor. The fuel bulb remains empty and does not fill with petrol. Hasnt' happened before and unsure of what to. Hoping someone can offer an easy solution rather than sending to the mechanic or pulling up the floor. Was thinking of getting a new line and bulb to start with. Help please.

Jamie if the line and bulb is fairly old, buy a new one,

I always carry a spare,they are cheap as,then you will know for sure.

cheers Rick.

As Rick said , Jamie if the line and bulb is fairly old, buy a new one.

One of the problems is the valves inside the bulb malfunction & do not open & / or close properly.

Also check the hose connections between the tank & the primer bulb. I had a similar problem some years ago & found the one of the hoses not sealing properly & was sucking air

Have you checked the fuel filter to ensure it is not blocked

Geoff