What Have You Caught On A Squid Jig?

Mercer007

Raiders,

After reading a few of Cungee George's reports, I am interested to find out what other raiders have caught on a squid jig.

As for myself I have only managed squid, but on one occasion as I had the squid to the surface about 15 meters from the rocks and I think it was a large kingy smashed me and took the squid and jig from me.

Tell us your story...

Cheers

Raiders,

After reading a few of Cungee George's reports, I am interested to find out what other raiders have caught on a squid jig.

As for myself I have only managed squid, but on one occasion as I had the squid to the surface about 15 meters from the rocks and I think it was a large kingy smashed me and took the squid and jig from me.

Tell us your story...

Cheers

Hi,

I caught a king fish on a size 2.5 natural colour jig while jigging it aggressively in deep water with start pause method. I think I've found a new method for kingfish jigging. It was more fun than pulling in those lazy squid.

pongrass18ft

caught jews kings reds and lost a lot of jigs to wiz bangers , this king went 72 cm on 6lbs ,the jig got stuck in its gills

img0373rv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

wow that's a great effort on light gear, especially to stay connected the whole time..

i remember one night on the boat at the spit bridge, me and my dad helped this solo angler land an 85cm beaut flatty, i've had some fish strikes and short fights on a jig but never landed a fish on one myself. Probably the weirdest thing i've caught on one was a stinky dirty jumper from the bottom of clifton gardens :P hahaha

Guest Aussie007

a mate pulled up a car number plate from wallys wharf something like in the movies lol i have caught a pike and had a follow up from a kingy at wallys wharf from a boat