Brisbane Water

austral

hello all, after a long break from my lure fishing sorties (about 8months) i finally made time to get back out there and give it a go.

the plan was to head down to the half tide rocks area first hoping for some warm water and im glad we did, 1st cast of the day over one of the weed beds and i was on..

post-10279-030624000 1284805442_thumb.jpg

she looks like a really old fish(check out the tail)so after a measure(36 fork) and photo back she goes..:thumbup:

with the pike moving in we decided to move up aroud st huberts, we threw a few plastics around for a flatty but no luck.

next we went to edge of the oyster racks around paddys and finally dad gets a nice flatty around 40cm wich we released and unfortunatly that was about it for the day..

water temp at half tide was 18c, upstream it was 15-16c.

the addiction is coming back!:yahoo::biggrin2:

nice one buddy,looking forward to warmer water and temps ect,was umming and arrrggging about going out today,i also fish the same spots,went out about two weeks ago and got very little action,i useally use bait myself but a mate of mine swears by the hard and soft plastic/body way,looks like may have to get my self a wippy rod and take up this style.Gotta love a solid Bream!:thumbup:

Nice bream you got there as well as some flatties. That bream tail looks like it has been cut, or do ya think it was a fishy battle scar..

Congrats.. :thumbup:

it looked like it was just very old and rounded,but there usually only rounded on the bottom part.maybe from rubbing on the bottom?

maybe a courtship thing?haha