Success On Sp's Yay!

victorski

Howdy everyone! This morning I convinced my dad to come down to rose bay to try soft plastics with me! After many unsuccessful ventures I was really hoping today would break the spell! After attempting to teach my dad how to use soft plastics we went on our merry way casting at whatever structure we could see, after one particular cast I thought I caught some seaweed which ended up being a sizable numb ray! Not a bad start, after an hour of no hits bam I'm on and felt massive! After a 10 minute battle I spotted a monster flathead which must have been around 80cms, unfortunately his headshakes cut through my 6lb leader within a metre of my net :( was so tempted to dive in after her!! Ah well!! Anyway I was stoked and gained faith in soft plastics can't wait to get back out there :) well if anyone catches a flatty in rose bay with a 1/2 oz jig head with a 4" nuclear chicken gulp in it's upper lip, then let me know :D yay!!

Regards

Victor :)

Glad to hear you enjoyed SP fishing. The huge advantage with SP is that you generally don't get the little buggers nibling away at your bait. If a fish is to go at a SP it normally means business. Bad luck with the Flatty but at least you got to see it. I can hardly wait till I get around to trying SP bottom bashing off shore. I hope its as good as all the hype that we see on all the fishing shows. FYI; I do much better fishing SP off my sea wall in Sylvania Waters than I do using baits. I just have to learn a little more patience and that finesse technique of flicking. Let us know how you go in the future.

Cheers

Eddie

:) Thanks!! ahh i used to fish off the wharf but never caught anything there, so this time i was fishing past catalina's and around the sea plane wharf!! i was becoming abit annoyed at sp fishing because i always came home empty handed and not knowing if i was doing it right! but after today i'm dumping bait and just going to use sps :) i also don't have much patience, so that's something i'll have to work on oh and being persistant!! hopefully next time i'll have photo's to share! :D

Cheers

Victor