Gymea Bay

Yowie

Fished Gymea Bay early for 6 tailor, reasonable fish from 40 to 45cm, and a 36cm reddie. Released the reddie and 2 tailor, 4 tailor are enough for a feed.

A couple of the tailor took the pillies as they were sinking, but the others were feeding off the bottom. No sign of any tailor or baitfish splashing the surface.

Yowie.

G'day Yowie.

Tailor are good fun to catch especially that size. (except when they are taking your brand new lures)

Whats the brown goo like weed that all over the hacking at the moment. no matter where i fish i still seem to get caught up in it.

cant remember it being in the river like this before

Morgs

hey yowie, good feed you got there.... how early you fishing for the tailor? you out before sunrise? I havent been able to hook up any tailor lately.

MRGS, i noticed that weed around northwest arm when i was fishing recently also. Pain in the arse when it fouls up your bait...

Fished Gymea Bay early for 6 tailor, reasonable fish from 40 to 45cm, and a 36cm reddie. Released the reddie and 2 tailor, 4 tailor are enough for a feed.

A couple of the tailor took the pillies as they were sinking, but the others were feeding off the bottom. No sign of any tailor or baitfish splashing the surface.

Yowie.

Nice catch. The Hacking can be a hard place to fish at times. You have to be at the right place at the right time. I was out for a few hours in the morning (5am to 11.30am), couldn't find the Tailor but got stuck into the Trevally schools again, excellent fun on light gear :fisher: .

pongrass18ft

G'day Yowie.

Tailor are good fun to catch especially that size. (except when they are taking your brand new lures)

Whats the brown goo like weed that all over the hacking at the moment. no matter where i fish i still seem to get caught up in it.

cant remember it being in the river like this before

Morgs

Some years are worse than others. Grays Point has a lot at present, as does the western side of Gunnamatta Bay. Other places have very little of this slimy weed. Once it gets onto the bait, nothing will bite. Many years ago in Yowie Bay, the slime was actually suspended in mid water, and an unweighted bait would not sink through it. When the water temperature rises, the slimy weed will vanish.

hey yowie, good feed you got there.... how early you fishing for the tailor? you out before sunrise? I havent been able to hook up any tailor lately.

MRGS, i noticed that weed around northwest arm when i was fishing recently also. Pain in the arse when it fouls up your bait...

Fishing from first light, with the last bite just after sunrise. After that, only a few little reddies. No movement on the surface to indicate any fish anywhere, the tailor are feeding near the bottom. It's a matter of one fish, then nothing for a while, then another fish, wait again, etc.

I was in a boat along the western side.

Mate, I think I may have seen you around 11.30am in the 70ft hole area on the corner. I stopped there near the red cannel marker on the left. The top end of the hacking fishes really well especially through winter. I'll have to give Gymea Bay a go next time I am out. Gee, didn't the wind get up quick yesterday :1yikes: .

Pongrass18ft

Mate, I think I may have seen you around 11.30am in the 70ft hole area on the corner. I stopped there near the red cannel marker on the left. The top end of the hacking fishes really well especially through winter. I'll have to give Gymea Bay a go next time I am out. Gee, didn't the wind get up quick yesterday :1yikes: .

Pongrass18ft

It was not me, I was back home by 8am as I had enough fish.