Bergo's First King

brickman

raiders i work with bergo and after a week off him reminding me he had 2 fresh squid in his frezer and was yet to get a king the offer went out to fix his problem

we started at 4.00am and by five we had our takkas off to the squid ground for zip started downrigging at south head and headed south plenty off bait showing at the dunbar but no takers bugger it was'nt looking good so we pressed on

a huge pod off dolpins passed witch was impresive but not a good sign we kept heading south

i was driving with bergo and neil manning the downriggers i love driving calling the bait and if the arcs are present

the yakka went off but no hookup bugger a quick 90 degree turn and the squid head goes off yes bergo is on the deck is cleared and i'm sure i could see his knees shaking as they do with your first king

a short and sweet fight and bergo has his first king hand shakes all round a few pics and a just under king was returned i think i was more stoked than bergo love to see virgins get there cherry popped

it all went a bit quiet after that we worked a huge bait school for a good hour with no hits so i called it and headed back to the harbour for a flatty session

berlying hard at the q station it was time to give the 6 lb gear a good workout the flattys were few and far between but we were kept busy with all the freaks the lads got 4 flattys with 2 being legal but nothing over 400mm

it was a top day out pitty no legal kings were taken but always good to be out there with good mates

cheers gary

post-6655-016492300 1285439414_thumb.jpg

post-6655-053971200 1285439454_thumb.jpg

post-6655-000499900 1285439491_thumb.jpg

post-6655-067691400 1285440343_thumb.jpg

Edited by brickman