Local Adventures

wannabefisho

Went on Parra River again last night with Nathan hoping to get a Jew each.

We fished from sunset till the top of the tide and we managed to get a nice 33cm bream, a Legal Flattie that went 40cm and a massive Blue Swimmer Crab.

Nath left and I departed for LCR- this is when it hotted up!

First cast I was within a few minutes and I had another Breambo of 33cm sitting in the bucket.

I noticed a nice big swirl and a big suck- and I cast out within 10cm of it... I just had eneough time to put the rod into the holder when my little shimano Sienna started singing... zzzzZZZZZZZzzzzZZZZZZZ...... (your little ripper!) after a tight tussle I netted a healthy 38cm Bream , meanwhile my other rod was doing a bit of a jiggy dance but failed to produce a hookup.

I cast again and got dusted on a good fish, lol

And so I repeated again and again with same results- dusting after dusting.

... Until I saw that nice slow curvy bend in my rod and the reel was howling... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... I struck hard and then the headshakes started, I gained some line, then I lost another 10m, then I gained some more, then lost some... after a 10 minute battle I saw colour, then it energed... a GENUINE 1M jew from my local- I was beside myself and grabbed the net, went to net her and then she bit me 10lb leader- it was all chewn to bits

FARK! FARK! FARK! Words and emoticons CANNOT describe the elation and then the pure heartbreak @ the time

I re-rigged on the hope she would come back and she did, but she only ran with the bait then immediately spat the hooks.

I decided to chuck out another bait and wait- then I nailed another Breambo- just legal sitting on 30cm.

The tide was dropping and fast, and I called it quits after my last bait (2am) and headed home, the final tally:

4 Bream, 1 Flattie& 1 Blue Swimmer (both Nathans) and a 1m Jew that busted my off literally @ my feet.

All Bream taken on mullet strips, size 6 long shank, 10lb flouro and 6lb braid.

All Bream pulled drag at least once during the fight (yes, even the smallest Bream pulled some drag)

Tight lines

Anthony

:)

post-12300-018354800 1285451815_thumb.jpg

post-12300-017440700 1285451832_thumb.jpg

post-12300-007872800 1285451853_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jeff, its really hotting up going to be a cracking summer- I cannot wait to get that 1m Jew from my local... if the situation arrises again I'll go slightly heavier (6lb main and 10lb leader is just no match for a big Jew...) and funnily when I stop targeting Jew I seem to hook them more often- but when I target them all I get are Bream and Whiting... Maybe there's something in that statement not sure...

My mate was also on Parra in a different area and he landed a 1m+ flattie and 4 Soapie Jew biggest went 65 (well when he called me as I was leaving @ 2am)- but Im sure he slammed some more Jew upwards of 80cm

SO BURNING! but so entertaining... my little Shimano has never seen so much action and my new Okuma Trio handled the fish really nicely- and its got a superb drag so Im happy to have blooded both reels on some nice local fish.

Cannot wait to get out there again... maybe Wednesday might turn out a better day... gotta be in it to win it...

Anthony

Another Successful Outing Well Done Mate!!!!!

Spewing about the Jew you have not caught one for quite some time now!!! don't worry you will get her its just a matter of time,

Beautiful Healthy looking bream there too!!!

Keep up the great reports great reading,

Regards,

Nathan

Done very good Anthony, not many are catching fish at the moment, Parra river is on fire i see. I dont think the jew you lost was the same one that hit the second time but i know the feeling of loosing a decen't one. What do you do, if you go heavy gear... you take the risk of maybe not catching a jew on the night or the other fish you caught.... try and use fluro carbon leader which is stronger and you can go a bit heavier lb due to it being fluro.

Cheers,

George.

Thanks George but I already use flouro leader and braid, its hard to take in jew gear but I could up the leader and line class to 12lb or maybe 15, but I wouldnt want to be going any heavier than that... else I'll lose my strike rate.