Towra Point

Michael Hatte

Fished sunday with a good mate of mine that has not done alot of lure fishing, the plan was to hit the georges in the morning to see if we could find some Ep's to play with.

Got on the water at 5am and we were fishing by 5.30am, tried the same hole that was kind to me on a previous trip for no result then moved up river a little for a shot at a jew but an hour of flicking still had us both at a big fat 0 and down 2 blades.

Next plan of attack was captain cook bridge, within the first few cast we were into some action 2 small lizards to 45cm and a solid trev that went 35cm.

Things went a little Quite and as the morning grew on also did the boat traffic so we got up in the shallows of Towra and worked small paddle tail plastics.

Fished the same area till around 1.30pm for 6 nice lizard to 60cm and a couple more trevs, one going 47cm and my best on plastic so far.

Fished the exact same areas yesterday afternoon out of the yak with similar results, from 3pm-sunset i managed another 3 nice Lizards,one going 60+cm 2 Trevs and a couple stinky pike. Plastics that have been working well for us over the last few week on the lizards are shaker and squidgy paddle tail, killer tomato squidgy prob accounting for 80% of the catch.

I dont know what was up in the shallows on sunset but the place was alive, there were large Garfish getting smashed all over the place and the whole area started to look alot like Weipa, everywhere i looked there was baitfish getting smashed. I could'nt fish any longer the sun had gone down and i still had a long paddle back to the ramp so called it quits.

Sorry Guys no pics from the Weekend But i did manage to get some Footage of yesterdays session with a HD handycam that i have attached to the front of the yak. Got some great footage!!!

As soon as i work out how to retrive the footage i will pop it up, i thought it might be as easy as downloading pics but i was was wrong :wacko:

Sorry for the long Delay guys but here are the youtube links. Dont ask me why they have turn out so small on the screen, me and computers dont mix. Im sure i will work it out eventually :ranting2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXIT8n2Mxeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAyIHH3KbSI

Mick

Edited by bloopin

Nice report mate....we picked a cracking tailor on the Towra flats on Saturday and I've seen kings over the weed beds in the past too...you do see some massive surface strkes at times...add in the mix sambo's and it could have been any of those three estuary pelagcics hammering the bait. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

great report mic looking forward to seeing the footage. when fishing around towra are you fishing drop offs or whatevr flat you can get your lure over ?

cheers hamada.

Most of them are coming out of the weed beds mate, just work the small patchs of sand that break the weed up. All the trevs were caught mid water over the weed.

Been up Mackay for a few days so hav'nt sorted out the footage yet, also found out i need to buy a program to download and edit footage so will pick it up during the week when i get a chance.

Cheers, Mick

Cheers boys, Yeh cant beat the yak in the shallow water, im hooking lots of fish right at the front of the yak which is a good sign. Low profile and no noise on the flats is proving very deadly Cant wait till the water warms a little more so i can get back into some surface action.

Hamerz, First time i have filmed a session mate but if conditions are ok i will be using it alot more, ive made it so it swivels 360deg so should be able to get some great footage of some surface action over the next few months......

Mick :beersmile:

Awesome footage mate and great results :thumbup:

Would love to be flicking plastics on the flats at the moment but too caught up with work. Nice to see that the investment in the Yak has paid off, do you bother using your tinny anymore?

And that turtleback worm on the sleeper rod works again =P.

Keep it up :)

Monch