Middle Harbour Mixed Bag

As we all had the PH I thought I would take my Dad and Son out on the harbour for the first outing of the season. Slept through the alarm, so only got out of bed at 7.15, had meant to be at Tunks by 6, but what do you do. Had promised the Hugs and Kisses that we would be home by lunch, so even less fishing time. Bloody Daylight savings!!!!

Rang the old man and said we were on the way but had to stop for fuel, as we drove out of the petrol station saw the sign for bait, Bugger left ours at home, stopped and bought more. Got to the ramp about 8.15 and got on the water. It was like mud after the rains, so we did not hold much hope but better on than off the water.

Headed to our fav yellow tail spot and anchored, berlied and started to catch fish, nothing exciting but fish were coming over the side. Happy days. Then I looked to Nth Head and the storm was coming, reckoned I had a good 20 mins before we got wet. So we packed up and by that stage it started to pelt down at this stage realised that I had left my new wet weather jacket at home as well as my sons. Bolted to hide under Spit Bridge, anchored off the side to ride out the rain, soaked through, Police came and told us to move on.

By this stage the rain had stopped so we thought we would try again. As my son is getting into fishing thing we thought we would just have some fun so back we went. Got him going with one of those Jap bait rigs and we used hand lines.

He smashed us. I thought I had a good one and did for a 30cm black bream. We then went on to get bone fish, wrasse, squires, sweep, trevalla, and many other varieties but no yellow tail. Just as we called stumps my son hooks what looks like a cracker and was a 37cm Black Bream.

What day turned out to be, boated over 40 fish, two keepers and home in time for the H & K

post-10472-012037500 1286172942_thumb.jpg

As we all had the PH I thought I would take my Dad and Son out on the harbour for the first outing of the season. Slept through the alarm, so only got out of bed at 7.15, had meant to be at Tunks by 6, but what do you do. Had promised the Hugs and Kisses that we would be home by lunch, so even less fishing time. Bloody Daylight savings!!!!

Rang the old man and said we were on the way but had to stop for fuel, as we drove out of the petrol station saw the sign for bait, Bugger left ours at home, stopped and bought more. Got to the ramp about 8.15 and got on the water. It was like mud after the rains, so we did not hold much hope but better on than off the water.

Headed to our fav yellow tail spot and anchored, berlied and started to catch fish, nothing exciting but fish were coming over the side. Happy days. Then I looked to Nth Head and the storm was coming, reckoned I had a good 20 mins before we got wet. So we packed up and by that stage it started to pelt down at this stage realised that I had left my new wet weather jacket at home as well as my sons. Bolted to hide under Spit Bridge, anchored off the side to ride out the rain, soaked through, Police came and told us to move on.

By this stage the rain had stopped so we thought we would try again. As my son is getting into fishing thing we thought we would just have some fun so back we went. Got him going with one of those Jap bait rigs and we used hand lines.

He smashed us. I thought I had a good one and did for a 30cm black bream. We then went on to get bone fish, wrasse, squires, sweep, trevalla, and many other varieties but no yellow tail. Just as we called stumps my son hooks what looks like a cracker and was a 37cm Black Bream.

What day turned out to be, boated over 40 fish, two keepers and home in time for the H & K

Better late than never,top quality bream by your son hard to beat that on any good day very well done :yahoo: