Found A Few

rickster

I haven't posted about any harbour blackies for a while but there's been a very good reason. It's not that I haven't been catching many, it's just that..............................OK I haven't been catching many.

I've been hitting the rocks more recently with mixed success due to the ordinary weather we've been getting on the weekends.

Again with the combination of a big morming high tide and predicted (correctly) southeasters, it was time to get some nice weed and find a cosy spot to relax. My plan was to try and get a few fish yesterday morning then head to the Bay weigh-in and say hello to a few raiders. Found a comfy spot near Walsh Bay, kicked off around 7.30 and had three in the bag by 8.00. Good start. Was still getting a fair seven in the bag including two good fish at 43cm and 42cm. I could tell by the flags on the bridge that that the southeaster was blowing but didn't realise just how strong until I got to Cook Park, white tips everywhere on the Bay. Very unfortunate for the social but things like this do happen. Said my hellos and seemed like most still enjoyed the day. Well done again to Stewy and Donna and the rest of the helpers.

Cheers,

Rick

post-11436-097832900 1286750864_thumb.jpg

Nice work Rick and thanks for making the effort to come and say Hi at the social :thumbup:

You dissapeared and I didnt get to chat with at all :(

Cheers Stewy

Nice work Rick and thanks for making the effort to come and say Hi at the social :thumbup:

You dissapeared and I didnt get to chat with at all :(

Cheers Stewy

Only called in to say Hi and your were starting to get busy. PLUS I was told by Smitty that I would not be allowed to weigh-in my seven "black&white stipped trevally" :biggrin2:

I haven't posted about any harbour blackies for a while but there's been a very good reason. It's not that I haven't been catching many, it's just that..............................OK I haven't been catching many.

I've been hitting the rocks more recently with mixed success due to the ordinary weather we've been getting on the weekends.

Again with the combination of a big morming high tide and predicted (correctly) southeasters, it was time to get some nice weed and find a cosy spot to relax. My plan was to try and get a few fish yesterday morning then head to the Bay weigh-in and say hello to a few raiders. Found a comfy spot near Walsh Bay, kicked off around 7.30 and had three in the bag by 8.00. Good start. Was still getting a fair seven in the bag including two good fish at 43cm and 42cm. I could tell by the flags on the bridge that that the southeaster was blowing but didn't realise just how strong until I got to Cook Park, white tips everywhere on the Bay. Very unfortunate for the social but things like this do happen. Said my hellos and seemed like most still enjoyed the day. Well done again to Stewy and Donna and the rest of the helpers.

Cheers,

Rick

well done your the master of blackfish

I normally spend some time in the afternoon at Walsh Bay, never knew it was also a good spot for blackies until last Saturday when I saw a couple who were fishing for blackfish and yakkas.

Everyday on the way to work I always sit at the window side in the train looking at people fishing at pier2 from the bridge, hoping that I could see someone landing a big fish. Big enough for me to see from the train :1prop: