Alittle Activity Off Botany Heads

Aqua Naut

Off come the covers and out goes the boat and what a day it was :biggrin2: . Beautiful Sunny morning with a slight NE wind and a swell of 1 mtr made it just perfect to venture out. Plenty of mutton birds and gulls hugging the surface. A few patches of breaking water here and there but they don't last too long so you got to be quick in casting amongst the school. Some undersized Kings Bonito and Salmon were in the bunch. always moving around looking for the schools to bust up. Manage to hook a 54cm Kingfish which was released to fat up alittle a Bonito 42cm and a monster squid which took the gillies pilchard 40grm whilst jigging the bottom :thumbup: . All in all a great morning out in gods country. I could do this all day everyday easy!! :yahoo: Lets hope it's a bumper season this year.

Tight Lines!!!

post-8911-067769000 1287059525_thumb.jpg

post-8911-044318600 1287059552_thumb.jpg

Off come the covers and out goes the boat and what a day it was :biggrin2: . Beautiful Sunny morning with a slight NE wind and a swell of 1 mtr made it just perfect to venture out. Plenty of mutton birds and gulls hugging the surface. A few patches of breaking water here and there but they don't last too long so you got to be quick in casting amongst the school. Some undersized Kings Bonito and Salmon were in the bunch. always moving around looking for the schools to bust up. Manage to hook a 54cm Kingfish which was released to fat up alittle a Bonito 42cm and a monster squid which took the gillies pilchard 40grm whilst jigging the bottom :thumbup: . All in all a great morning out in gods country. I could do this all day everyday easy!! :yahoo: Lets hope it's a bumper season this year.

Tight Lines!!!

the squid have been good this year when the westerlies clear up the water I got one a few weeks ago about the same size as the one you got in your photo but have got plenty about the kilo mark.I think with all the hatch these fish are feeding on it could be worthwhile gett'n out the flyrod...