Whiting

new2fishing

Hey fellow raiders,

Was out sunday having a cast and met up with fellow raider victorski. . . We noticed alot of whiting out on the sand flats, some small and some decent. .

Want to know the best way to attract the whiting and get a decent bite or two. .

Tried out Popper's and Sx40's. . Any help would be much appreciated =)

Cheers

Waydo

Bastard whiting! frustrating seeing a massive of school of them and having them chase you're lure only to lose intrest a second later!

Afterwards i went and bought some gulp sand worms in natural and blood red with some nitro 1/32, 2 & 4 size jig heads to give a shot on our next trip down!

Has anyone had success with whiting on the SP sand worms and how do you rig them? they seem a little bit to long i wonder if i shouldn't cut them in half!

ay waydo sorry i left suddenly the :wife: was angry ahahaha but did you end up catching anything after i left?

Hahaha very true. . . Might head to the fishin shop on my lunch break and see what the guys can give me to have a shot. .

All good victor hahaha they can get like that. . Yeah mate caught abit of sunburn lol but had a hook up probably 20 mins after you left then busted off! possible flatty. . hahaha but all in a days of fishing

Might start heading down after work for an hour or so with some plastics to see how i go. . but might head down on the weekend again to have a go at the whiting and the flats :)

Bastard whiting! frustrating seeing a massive of school of them and having them chase you're lure only to lose intrest a second later!

Afterwards i went and bought some gulp sand worms in natural and blood red with some nitro 1/32, 2 & 4 size jig heads to give a shot on our next trip down!

Has anyone had success with whiting on the SP sand worms and how do you rig them? they seem a little bit to long i wonder if i shouldn't cut them in half!

ay waydo sorry i left suddenly the :wife: was angry ahahaha but did you end up catching anything after i left?

Worms are really effective for whiting, however I always have my whiting 9-foot rod and my trusted yo-zuri 3D popper in the trunk for any unplanned whiting session.

Use light line, and wind can be really helpful or painful.

Good luck

:1fishing1: