Daiwa Td Sol 4000

steze

As some of you may have noticed one of my recent posts about this reel. It got really wet when a wave came through and my rod and reel was leaning against a rock wall. Anyway I sent it back to Daiwa to get it serviced. They replaced my bearings with Certate Bearings and replaced all the gears. Ended up costing me $75, damn that is expensive. I have to say I am quite dissappointed that the reel had to go back to service after owning for only 2 months. The reel itself is great, even greater now that they've replaced some parts, it feels so much smoother. I washed the reel that same night that it got wet and it still got damaged somehow. Just wanted to share my thoughts to everyone:). Hopefully this time I will take better care of the SOL and prevent any situations like this occuring again.

Sorry to hear the bad news .

I think they may have precautionary changed all bearings to be safe.

Did you question why you need a new gear set?if the reel was only 2 months old

Maybe by using the certate bearing on gears you needed the gear set to suit.mmm strange I think both gears are the same size

I did have a new gear set replaced in a reel recently,but it did need it as it got clunky

I have heard that lots of reels do come back with new gear sets replaced.

Sorry to hear the bad news .

I think they may have precautionary changed all bearings to be safe.

Did you question why you need a new gear set?if the reel was only 2 months old

Maybe by using the certate bearing on gears you needed the gear set to suit.mmm strange I think both gears are the same size

I did have a new gear set replaced in a reel recently,but it did need it as it got clunky

I have heard that lots of reels do come back with new gear sets replaced.

I was told by the guy from my tackle shop that whenever they replace the bearings they replace the gearing as well because it was made that everything fits into perfect place.

Dude,

I have to say it...you got that 'service' at a REALLY cheap price!

A new gear set AND bearings (Even better quality ones) for that price is a steal.

The other option was not to send it to Daiwa and have the reel feel 'rough' eventually.

Saltwater unfortunatley is a reel's worst enemy...Daiwa has done you a favour By replacing main parts that can affect reel performance. With those high-end, high-tech gears it only takes a small amount of corrosion on the teeth of the gears for the whole thing to feel a bit rough.

Hope it all turns out and you catch some beasts on it mate!!!

Cheers,

Wacko.

Dude,

I have to say it...you got that 'service' at a REALLY cheap price!

A new gear set AND bearings (Even better quality ones) for that price is a steal.

The other option was not to send it to Daiwa and have the reel feel 'rough' eventually.

Saltwater unfortunatley is a reel's worst enemy...Daiwa has done you a favour By replacing main parts that can affect reel performance. With those high-end, high-tech gears it only takes a small amount of corrosion on the teeth of the gears for the whole thing to feel a bit rough.

Hope it all turns out and you catch some beasts on it mate!!!

Cheers,

Wacko.

G'day Wacko. Yea i realised later on that the price I payed for it wasn't too bad. After the service I hooked onto some big kings in which I wasn't able to land because I kept getting reefed. BUT I still gave a good fight, and knowing my SOL has been slightly upgraded, I somewhat feel more confident when im fishing. Ive watched some of your clips on youtube and noticed you were using a saltiga. Are you planning to purchase the new model thats coming out soon?