Cracker Night On The Soaps

matt_nsw

hit the sopaie jews lastnight on the sp's. landed 3 going 58cm, 65cm and 72cm and lost 2 which always feel bigger :mad3: both threw the hooks after a blistering runs :05:

all taken of the golden prawn :thumbup: 2 of them landed were matched with a tt revhead. the last 58cm model was landed on an unweighted prawn in the slack :1fishing1:

kept one for the table, might have to make 'the_lure' prepare the fillets for me :1naughty:

72cm model

post-568-1115679217_thumb.jpg

65cm model

post-568-1115679266_thumb.jpg

sorry for the floor shots but i was alone :(

Sorry Matt - what a goose. :1badmood:

Nice fish mate.

46924[/snapback]

yeah looks like ya missed a good night Wayne!

Top Work Matt, youve seen my filleting job on the jews and you still want me to do it?? :1prop:

Swoff the Gold Prawn is a Topcatch/Gladiator lure, about 9cm long, is as cheap as chips and comes in a pack of 10. (about 4 bucks)

displayImage.php?file=product_249_1.jpg

Nice work Matt, that's a top session.  :thumbup:

We're heading out to chase them tonight, maybe we'll have to put plan B into action and hit your spot instead... I assume you were at the spot were I met you?

What's the golden prawn?

46920[/snapback]

yeah, thats the spot :1naughty:

i'll be back there again too so i might see you there. my girlfriend wants to get one so she booked her spot a few days ago. this should be fun :biggrin2: she will $hit herself when she hooks up :risata:

Sorry Matt - what a goose. :1badmood:

Nice fish mate.

46924[/snapback]

yeah mate, blue mountains do that to you :pokey:

yeah looks like ya missed a good night Wayne!

Top Work Matt, youve seen my filleting job on the jews and you still want me to do it??

sorry mate, i meant cook the fillets :tease:

i know what your like on the knife  :hitsfan:

displayImage.php?file=product_249_1.jpg

46926[/snapback]

Thanks Chris. I know the ones, I have a few packs somewhere. They used to be my favourite 'goon lure for catching fish I never got to see.  :1prop:

How do you rig them on a jighead?

46928[/snapback]

yeah, i was using the tt revheads lastnight 3/8oz 5/0

then when the tide slowed i cut down the weight. last week hooks were the lunker grips

dont ask chris, he will sure to throw in a betts spin in there somewhere :1prop:

yeah, i was using the tt revheads lastnight 3/8oz 5/0

then when the tide slowed i cut down the weight. last week hooks were the lunker grips

dont ask chris, he will sure to throw in a betts spin in there somewhere :1prop:

46938[/snapback]

I was using cabelas round head jig, similar size and weight, ill be trying the betts spin next time i go out :074::074:

I've always rigged them on a worm hook with a belly weight and used a steady slow retrieve just above the bottom.

I'll give them a go tonight, as well as the similar Gulps and Powerbaits.  :biggrin2:

46952[/snapback]

I got mine on/near the surface as the jews where smashing mullet :1clap:

Now that's interesting. All my jews have hit lures on the bottom.

I'm not fishing bridge pylons tonight, but next time I do I'll try something closer to the surface along the light lines.  :biggrin2:

46955[/snapback]

it definately was a very impressing take from a jew ay chris?

but it was one of the only ones i've seen from surface. most of the ones i get out there are in the last 1/3 of the water column.

what time you getting there swoff?

Matt,

apart from well done on the Jews I have a question. Is that rod an Ian Miller RackRaider? It looks like one. That is my alltime favourite light rod. With braid on a nice little reel I have never held a better rod in all my fishing days.

Cheers

Peter

Matt,

apart from well done on the Jews I have a question. Is that rod an Ian Miller RackRaider? It looks like one. That is my alltime favourite light rod. With braid on a nice little reel I have never held a better rod in all my fishing days.

Cheers

Peter

47065[/snapback]

you should try a Berkley Dropshot Peter :1clap::1clap::1clap: cheaper too

Mate tell my how you would like em!!

Can do anything in a kitchen!

47058[/snapback]

i'll get back to you shortly :1naughty:

Matt,

Cheers

Peter

47065[/snapback]

yeah peter, its the 7'2" bream finesse. i love it. great all round rod. great for bream, bass, jews and salmon as below:

post-568-1115762532_thumb.jpg

i have a symetre 2500 on it loaded with 4lb and 12lb on the other spool. but im thinking of removing the 12lb for 8lb or 10lb.

im with you, one of the best rods to play with without going over the $$$$ mark.

you should try a Berkley Dropshot Peter  :1clap:  :1clap:  :1clap:  cheaper too

47066[/snapback]

they work too :1prop:

post-568-1116464142_thumb.jpg

one thing that i found interesting is that the berkley dropshot 7'2" had a slightly fast action than the bream finesse 7'2". something that i liked :biggrin2: