Jew Fever

lowrid3r

Hey guys,

I started off the night catchin some live squid then headed down the road to see if the jews were back

i had 6 runs 3 cut me off (freaken oysters on low tide) 2 ran about 60 meters n just left it by this stage

i was having a heart attack i couldn't feel my legs hahah then no 6 just took offf wasnt gonna let him get away

after 15 mins @ about 3am i was as happy as Larry! Sorry guys i didnt have a tape measure or a scale @ the time.

He came upto my hip which is just over 1m

post-15750-073080800 1288573202_thumb.jpg

post-15750-052494300 1288573225_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

I started off the night catchin some live squid then headed down the road to see if the jews were back

i had 6 runs 3 cut me off (freaken oysters on low tide) 2 ran about 60 meters n just left it by this stage

i was having a heart attack i couldn't feel my legs hahah then no 6 just took offf wasnt gonna let him get away

after 15 mins @ about 3am i was as happy as Larry! Sorry guys i didnt have a tape measure or a scale @ the time.

Nice Jewie mate! They can be hard to stop at the best of times, well done keeping that one from the oysters.

Cheers,

Adam.

Thanx guys :)

I was fishing the Georges river

The combo consisted of a daiwa gold gs9 with 30 pound line on a custom shortened beach rod

Question guys where is a good spot to catch silver biddy's they have died off where i used to pick up

dozens?

Thanx again

well done mate and congrats on putting in the hours for a great reward.

just a quick question - you mentioned that 3 ran about 60 metres and dropped the bait - by that I am guessing that you fish with a soft drag setting or free spool? everyone has their own methods and 1 way isnt the be all and end all but I have found over the years that by setting the drag where I would normally fight the fish I very seldom miss a hook up. when they are running -Hitem! and hang on :biggrin2:

just a thought.

again congrats on a top fish

pete.

Hey guys,

top jew mate,no matter if its jew 1,2,3,etc you still feel the adrenaline rush on every hook up,i know i do anyway especially when you see the rod sream on first run.

chris

well done mate and congrats on putting in the hours for a great reward.

just a quick question - you mentioned that 3 ran about 60 metres and dropped the bait - by that I am guessing that you fish with a soft drag setting or free spool? everyone has their own methods and 1 way isnt the be all and end all but I have found over the years that by setting the drag where I would normally fight the fish I very seldom miss a hook up. when they are running -Hitem! and hang on :biggrin2:

just a thought.

again congrats on a top fish

pete.

Yea had 2 runs that spat it out. I wouldn't say soft i usually adjust to medium on live taylor or biddys. Iv noticed the big ones take a nice run first then stop for 5 secs swallow then run thats when i usually hold on. So i said tonight ill try tight drag settings like u said n never missed one ;). Do you fish large whole live squid on tight drag? thanx champ

top jew mate,no matter if its jew 1,2,3,etc you still feel the adrenaline rush on every hook up,i know i do anyway especially when you see the rod sream on first run.

chris

Bloody oath that first run makes my legs feel like jelly jew fishing is soo bloody addictive! Iv been fishing em for 8 years n every time u get a hook up you get that AWESOME RUSH u can never get sick of it i love it!

Bloody good fish there mate. I'm still trying to get the monkey off my back. I've had a few good runs but haven't come up tight yet.

Should be into a few by Xmas me thinks...

Thanx champ!

Where do u fish? Iv seen some monsters pulled out around the central coast

Ul get one soon mate n when u land it ul be flying ;)

good luck hope u get it soon :)