Huskisson / Curumbene Creek / Myola

PlayerOne

Hi All;

I'm heading down to Myola (South Coast) on the weekend. Has anyone has fished the Currumbene Creek, which runs off Jervis Bay, near Huskisson? Wondering if its worth bringing my plastics for a flick....

If not, can anyone suggest anywhere nearby worth trying for flatties? :1fishing1:

(Ps. i know there's a heap of Sancturary No Fish Zones around there.....)

Cheers,

Alex.

Hi All;

I'm heading down to Myola (South Coast) on the weekend. Has anyone has fished the Currumbene Creek, which runs off Jervis Bay, near Huskisson? Wondering if its worth bringing my plastics for a flick....

If not, can anyone suggest anywhere nearby worth trying for flatties? :1fishing1:

(Ps. i know there's a heap of Sancturary No Fish Zones around there.....)

Cheers,

Alex.

Boat or land based?

If land based you can walk through the bush out onto Callala beach from there you can head up to the mouth of the creek.

I've never fished there but i know there is a sand bar and channel, i'd bet my bottom dollar there would be flathead and whiting there on the flats and drop off.

Boat or land based?

If land based you can walk through the bush out onto Callala beach from there you can head up to the mouth of the creek.

I've never fished there but i know there is a sand bar and channel, i'd bet my bottom dollar there would be flathead and whiting there on the flats and drop off.

Spent the weekend at JB, but had too many :beersmile: to go fising on Sat... was going to try sunday arvo but the wind picked up.... I eyed out a few "fishy" looking spots, but didnt see many people fishing. Would it be worth towing my tinny down next time?

Was reccommended to checkout the fish pond at "Lady Denman Maritime Museum" at Huskisson . OMG they had stocked the pond full of bream, snapper, blackfish, flatties, flounder etc... most bream were 45cm+ and many flatties looked like upto the magic 1m mark, some sitting in less than 1ft water :1yikes: ... I'd highly reccommend to check it out if you're ever down that way!

I have iphone pics which will post up later....

Spent the weekend at JB, but had too many :beersmile: to go fising on Sat... was going to try sunday arvo but the wind picked up.... I eyed out a few "fishy" looking spots, but didnt see many people fishing. Would it be worth towing my tinny down next time?

Was reccommended to checkout the fish pond at "Lady Denman Maritime Museum" at Huskisson . OMG they had stocked the pond full of bream, snapper, blackfish, flatties, flounder etc... most bream were 45cm+ and many flatties looked like upto the magic 1m mark, some sitting in less than 1ft water :1yikes: ... I'd highly reccommend to check it out if you're ever down that way!

I have iphone pics which will post up later....

Definately take the tiny down next time.

You can pump nippers in the creek at low tide.

Also just into JB out of the mouth of the creek is a reef marked off by cardinal markets, well work a little look around.

Definately take the tiny down next time.

You can pump nippers in the creek at low tide.

Also just into JB out of the mouth of the creek is a reef marked off by cardinal markets, well work a little look around.

While all the advice may produce fish it will also likely produce the following.

1) a BIG fine or maybe a CRIMINAL record

PlayerOne seems to have an idea of the sanctuary zones but some of the advise re the reef you have been told to "check out" is 100% a sanctuary zone and pretty much in front of the Jervis Bay Marine Park authority offices.

How long do you think somebody fishing in that sanctuary zone up there in front of their offices would last? Based on other people's experiences not very long. You don't even have to be "fishing" in a sanctuary zone to get done, just having your gear rigged is enough! It aparently it shows "intent" and thats good enough to get you.

Please look at the map on the link before anybody fishes that area.

http://www.mpa.nsw.g...bmp-map-11.html

Getting a criminal record for fishing is extreme but is happenning all the time due to the penalties that have been insisted on by extreme green groups.

Could we possibly get mods to check on spots being recomended in Marine Park Zones? I would hate for somebody to get in trouble over advice they got off this site. That would be a real shame considering all the great advice thats on here for most fishers.

I think this is the second time somebody has been told to fish in a sanctuary zone on this site. Last time somebody put a big circle around the docks and told somebody it was the tubes and to fish there!

Player,

Definately worth dragging the tinny down to Currumbene Creek. Check the MPA maps but there is plenty of places up there that you can fish. I have had plenty of luck just prospecting around. Have a drift, if you do no good after a little while, move. You will find some fish. Plenty of flatties, bream, trev's and I caught a 1m shovelnose shark up there.

Last time I was down there I was trying my hardest to sneak around to flick some lures and I managed to spook some seriously big flatties in the shallows. Didn't hook any monsters but did get plenty of others.

I go each year to Vincentia on a family holiday and take the boat for a fish.

Good luck.

c'n'r