Burleying For Livebaits

stefan

in 50% of the spots i go to i dont see the yakkas until i burley them up.

I don't really like buying bait (mainly cos i cant be bothered) and the only success I've had with yakkas is with pilchards. Will salted bonito/frozen bonito work just as well? Do salmon/tailor fillets work? Does any1 have luck with bread/dough + tunal oil or any other methods that don't involve having to stop by the servo.

regards

stefan

we use bread and chicken pellets to burley up the yakkas and it works great.

you can get 20kg of chook pellets for about $15.. good thing about chicken pellets is that they store forever if you keep them in a cool dry location.

cheers

trung

in 50% of the spots i go to i dont see the yakkas until i burley them up.

I don't really like buying bait (mainly cos i cant be bothered) and the only success I've had with yakkas is with pilchards. Will salted bonito/frozen bonito work just as well? Do salmon/tailor fillets work? Does any1 have luck with bread/dough + tunal oil or any other methods that don't involve having to stop by the servo.

regards

stefan

i use bread fishing. buy some bread, put it into the water and through the bread down into the water as burley and you see yakkas coming up. buy a yellowtail jig and they just hook themselves

we keep a big tub of chicken pellets on the boat. just add a little bit of tuna oil and pop in, berleys up EVERYTHING.

Also good for bream etc. whenever we catch a fish out of our berley trail its stomach is PACKED with pellet mulch.

we keep a big tub of chicken pellets on the boat. just add a little bit of tuna oil and pop in, berleys up EVERYTHING.

Also good for bream etc. whenever we catch a fish out of our berley trail its stomach is PACKED with pellet mulch.

does the fishes goes into a feeding frenzy?

if they do, is it coz of the tuna oil or the chicken pellets?

does the fishes goes into a feeding frenzy?

if they do, is it coz of the tuna oil or the chicken pellets?

Both mate, they go ape shit over the tuna oil, and the pellets give them something to much on while helping the tuna oil sink below the surface.

We normally take chic pellets out for burly. I bleed a chicken into them the day we go out and that drives reef fish mad. Probably a bit hard for city slickers to do but easy for us country bumpkins as we breed our own. A bad day fishing, a phone call from the ramp and we have a nice freshly roasted chicken waiting on our return.:thumbup:

Regards Jeff

Both mate, they go ape shit over the tuna oil, and the pellets give them something to much on while helping the tuna oil sink below the surface.

i guess your hands gets pretty dirty after the fishing session from throwing all that burley. and dont the pellets float on the top of the water?

buy half a dozen or so cheap black n gold or what ever sardine or tuna tins with oil in it, the ones you make sandwiches with, put some holes in the tins n whack em in a keeper net or the like, then put it in the water, itll slowly slick out, when you see em come around put some bread on some size 12 hooks n start pullen them in, even roll some little dough balls n throw em some freebies keep em interested