Port Hacking

Yowie

Pumped some nippers early, and drifted the Lilli Pilli flats for 2 hours for 8 bream to 35cm and 3 whiting to 32cm. Threw back about the same number of just on or just under legals. Some of the bream were feeding in 30cm of water.

Yowie.

Pumped some nippers early, and drifted the Lilli Pilli flats for 2 hours for 8 bream to 35cm and 3 whiting to 32cm. Threw back about the same number of just on or just under legals. Some of the bream were feeding in 30cm of water.

Yowie.

nice report, i think it is to do with the new moon, bream goes crazy that time of the month!

Nice Work.

thats pretty shallow for bream , was it early still? they are keen buggers

Fished between 6.30 and 8.30am, so the sun was well and truly shining. There are some patches of squirt worms on the flats, so the bream are feeding on them. A few weeks ago, I saw a couple of the bream feeding. They remained in the one spot and appeared to be blowing water out of their mouths to wash the sand away, and then feeding on the exposed worms tubes. The worms are in their tubes, so they must suck the worms out of their tubes once they have pulled them from the sand, then spit out the empty tubes. Interesting to watch!

Theres plenty of bream in the shallows at the moment chasing prawns

What boat were you in? There was a hornet or something similar near me in Simpsons bay for a short time around 6:30

An old Quintrex. Pumped the nippers near Fishermans Bay until 6.30, then headed to Lilli Pilli.