Nice Day Out On The Bay 7 Nov

Flano

Woke up Sunday morning @ 3.30am to take an old mate fishing for the 1st time. Hit the water around 5.30 for the 9.30 high. Beautiful morning, flat Bay, a bit of cloud, looked fairly clean after all the rain recently - the making of a good day. A lot of boats out but didn't see much action. Tried Molli, hot water outlet, Brighton, 3rd runway and 2 spots in the Georges until 1pm. Total fish - 2 flatties and 1 pinkie (all undersize).

Whether it's me, the bait/plastics or the day - I don't know. I thought I might have been picked up for littering with the amount of burleying I was doing :lol: A bit frustrating over the past 3 months. I don't know how anyone else did last Sunday ??

Bring on the warmer water.

Mick

PS: No photos - too ashamed.

We fished straight out from the Heads and then very slowly drifted south. Unlike previous outings there were no mutton birds, seals or jackets to frustrate us. However, we had the smallest catch for at least two years despite the apparently good conditions. The highlight of the day was when a mother and baby whale surfaced near us and played around for a while. Another highlight was when one bloke on board finally caught a fish twenty minutes before lines up. This spared us all the sight of his traditional pants down that is performed by anyone who fails to get a weigher. All on board are heterosexual!

Woke up Sunday morning @ 3.30am to take an old mate fishing for the 1st time. Hit the water around 5.30 for the 9.30 high. Beautiful morning, flat Bay, a bit of cloud, looked fairly clean after all the rain recently - the making of a good day. A lot of boats out but didn't see much action. Tried Molli, hot water outlet, Brighton, 3rd runway and 2 spots in the Georges until 1pm. Total fish - 2 flatties and 1 pinkie (all undersize).

Whether it's me, the bait/plastics or the day - I don't know. I thought I might have been picked up for littering with the amount of burleying I was doing :lol: A bit frustrating over the past 3 months. I don't know how anyone else did last Sunday ??

Bring on the warmer water.

Mick

PS: No photos - too ashamed.

Hi there Flano

I went out on Sunday morning for 2.5 hours (630am till 9am ) and it was some of the best surface action i have seen in the Bay!

There were multiple schools of salmon, bonito and tailor smashing baitfish all over the place... i must have landed 40+ fish in the space of an hour or so... all this right out the front of the 3rd runway.

I also fished the bay on the saturday and did extremely well with the flatties and bream on plastics.

Check out the 2 reports that i posted a few days back.

Cheers

Trung / DHYPE

I went out on Sunday morning for 2.5 hours (630am till 9am ) and it was some of the best surface action i have seen in the Bay!

There were multiple schools of salmon, bonito and tailor smashing baitfish all over the place... i must have landed 40+ fish in the space of an hour or so... all this right out the front of the 3rd runway.

You know how to hurt a guy ! We were cruising over to the 3rd runway but decided to hit Molli then Kurnell. We got to the 3rd runway just after 9 and thats where we caught the 3 little ones. Had a few bigger hits but went quiet after that.

At least you have given me some confidence. And by the way, make sure you leave some fish in there for us :D:lol: