Finesse Fishing Towra Flats 12/11/10

Breambucket

Hey guys!

I braved the winds again on Friday arvo :1badmood: and fished in close to Towra to try stay away from the wind swell. Recently i have been fishing really light leader and i decided why not ill try some 2lb stuff :thumbup:

After a few stinky pike i was onto something a little more desirable! after a reasonable fight up came this nice blue nose bream :) which was released to fight another day

2r4q6fr.jpg

After a few more nice sized bream i hooked onto something with a little more go than the previous fish, this fish took alot of line and in around 1.5m of water i didnt like my chances but i stayed calm and collected and after a good 10 min we seen some colour then off again for another good run. We finally got the fish boat side and with a swift and great netting job from chicken in the boat was my pb trev of around 52cm :yahoo:

2cr7ga9.jpg

The fish was totally stuffed so the call was to keep it and get a few more for some family friends

We fished for a few more hours with some nice bream and a decent flattie bein landed, we probably released as many as we kept and i lost a few decent fish because of knot troubles with the 2lb but thats something ill work on.

I defiantly wouldn't fish with it every time i go out but its great fun and seams to get more hits than with the heavier stuff

15mfpdl.jpg

2evyus9.jpg

We had a top arvo and i cant wait to do some top water fishin sunday morning!

most fish were caught on 80-100mm wrigglers and powerbait minnows

Pete

I can't believe you can catch fish like that on 2lb! Fantastic effort Pete! :thumbup:

I wouldn't call fishing with 2lb "fun", I'd be too nervous!

Great bream! Top trev too! Congrats on the pb!

Good luck Sunday.

Great report! :thumbup:

Cheers

Peter

Nice Trevally Pete , you and i must have been the only 2 crazies out there on Friday arvo it sure was blowin hard , i was drifting off the Kurnell groynes and got 6 Trevally to 46cm , 1 squire and 1 bream both 32cm on 6lb braid using Gulp 4" watermelons .My PB Trevally is 49cm but that is a monster on 2lb well done.

Hey guys!

Great effort there and i thought i was brave using 4lb with $20 lures. But seriously how can you see 2lb leaders i thought tying knots in

4lb was like tying knots in my own hair.Looks like i have to get a magnifing glass to keep up with you.

cheers...............Roy

nice job on the pb trev mate :thumbup: i caught one of the same size almost which was my pb on a 8lb setup and 2500 stradic which was screaming in the bay and i couldnt put much pressure on it at all, could imagine how u were feeling on the 2lb :1yikes: once again well done mate :thumbup:

Nice Trevally Pete , you and i must have been the only 2 crazies out there on Friday arvo it sure was blowin hard , i was drifting off the Kurnell groynes and got 6 Trevally to 46cm , 1 squire and 1 bream both 32cm on 6lb braid using Gulp 4" watermelons .My PB Trevally is 49cm but that is a monster on 2lb well done.

Hey guys!

Not a bad haul mate! well done :)

I was considering fishing the groins too but didnt want to get too wet. even in the channel we were getting knocked around and the wind sweel was so close together!

I seen a squidgys skeeter go out that way too but he didnt stay long

Nice catch Pete

Thats a good bag of bream there

I still cant bring myself to go any lower than 4lb leader

Hey Andrew!

Yeah if i had kept the best 5 it would of been a decent bag but still nothing compared to yours and Neils last year :biggrin2:

Did you hear Neil caught an 85cm flattie with 2lb as well? It sort of gave me inspiration to try it out

Great work Pete, you have certainly cracked the code for Towra. The Trev and big bream would have been great fun on the finese gear :biggrin2:. Were you using SPs or risking your blades on the silly string?

Hey mate

I lost a zx35 and an atomic hard body within 5 min after i landed that trev lol i thought i was invincible!

Saying that i do think my knots need working on, when i did get busted off it was almost always when the fish took the lure on the down when the line was slack so it sort of loads the line up if you get what im tryin to say

Hey Andrew!

Yeah if i had kept the best 5 it would of been a decent bag but still nothing compared to yours and Neils last year :biggrin2:

Did you hear Neil caught an 85cm flattie with 2lb as well? It sort of gave me inspiration to try it out

Yeah Neil told me about the flattie

The skeeter is up for sale to make way for a new one

Neil could be without a boat for a while

Yeah Neil told me about the flattie

The skeeter is up for sale to make way for a new one

Neil could be without a boat for a while

Yeah he could be without a boat for a couple of months he was saying lol that would kill me!

I might be getting a stacer and fishin the southern series this season comming up i just got to sort out finances

Hey Breambucket - you always manage good fish in blowy conditions! That's a cracker trev mate and looks like you got a fair bag of bream too. Would've been great fun on the silly string ...

I do like a little wind it helps you cover ground and gives the fish more cover. 10 knot winds over cast and water temps around 22-26 and im very very happy :)

Did you and your boys go out on sunday!

Certainly got those flats worked out for Bream and Trev's mate!!!!

Well done on landing that trev on 2lb, top effort :thumbup:

Mick

Cheers mate in just glad trevs dont have much in the way of teeth :)

Edited by Breambucket

Yeah he could be without a boat for a couple of months he was saying lol that would kill me!

I might be getting a stacer and fishin the southern series this season comming up i just got to sort out finances

I reckon it would kill me even more :1yikes:

If he hasnt got a boat he will probably fish with Jason in the SSBS which means I may have to look for a teammate with a boat as mine isnt big enough :05: