Tambourine Bay, Riverview

rjc123

Hey guys,

i was down at tambourine bay the other day. There are heeps of very promising mangroves and there is also a nice sandy section near the baths. There were poddies jumping everywhere. Further out from the mangroves just within casting distance there were some decent fish bustin up bait. What could this have been. Is it worth trying for bream, whiting and flathead in the sandy section or flicking lures for bream and what possibly were tailor or salmon?

Thanks

A lot of times there are tailor at the mouth of the Lance Cove river in the 20cm-30cm range chasing little

baitfish, and I've caught legal ones past the figtree bridge, so you'd definately get them in Tambourine bay.

Throw out pieces of bread around the mangroves on ther rising or high tide then use bread or chicken for bait and you will get heaps of bream of all sizes. I've caught many 30cm+ bream this way even in 30cm of water

I see lots of people catching big bream in the LCR, but I throw them all back, strictly catch and release

its the third blinking eye that gets me....

But it is a great place to take kids and get fish, there plenty in there

My biggest bream there was 42cm on a whole squid head and 10/0 circle hook fishing for mulloway

but I have seen a 60cm one caught there - looked like a snapper

A few years ago the river was iridescent green from a "non-toxic" chemical spill - the company probably only reported it

as it was so visible

Jason

Edited by Burley King

Yeh mate,

i was just interested to know whats down there. i have a feeling the fish i saw were salmon because they were in the 70cm range from a few meters away. Saw a few bream also.

Might give it a try

• 2 years later...