New Rod

DarkHorse

G'Day Crew,

On a recent trip to Tuross, I lost the top half of my rod over the side of the boat doing 25kts, gone! It was one of 2 setups that were identical, luckily it wasnt the bottom half with the reel. Unfortunately replacement top halves were not available. I have also recently consolidated unused combo's and various bits and pieces that were usually purchased on a whim.

Anyway with quite a few new rods coming on the market and existing types, I started gathering information on the web. I wanted something 2-4kg, 7'4 or 7'6, light, to balance my 2500 shimano.

Looked at Lox, Nitro, shimano, samurai and samaki. I have had G.Loomis in the past and wanted something different.

Not many fit the requirements, either too short or too light.

Then I stumbled accross Purefishing's website and the new "Venom" rods, very recently released. Called customer service and spoke with Rodney. Asked if there were any retailers in my area that stocked the rods, because they are so new, the answer was no.

I was then invited to visit their offices to have a look, but because of the distance it was not an option. Rodney then offered to have one of the Reps drop the model I was looking at to my local for a look.

Picked it up today! Very nice, light and 7'4. Has Titanium Fuji Sic guides, Fuji reel seat and high modulas graphite blank. Grips are EVA, which is a first for me and intially put me off, as I have always been a cork person.

Yet to blood it obviously. Can't wait. All I need is this bloody southerly to go away :1badmood:

Here is a link to the purefishing site:

http://www.purefishing.com.au/rods/berkley/test-6/

Regards,

Rob

Edited by DarkHorse

very nice ..i was going to suggest berkley .

which model did u end up with ?

craig

Yea i was wondering the same thing. I am on the look out for a new rod as well to match with a stradic ci4 2500. May I also ask how much you paid for it?

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention that I got the Berkley Venom "Mexican Racer" 7'4", 2-4kg. It is nice and light in the hand and balances perfectly with my 2500.

As I said the components are good quality, build is excellent and it actually has a hook keeper! A few manufacturers dont include a hook keeper, I have never like hooking onto the guides. Won the AFTA 2010 trade award for best rod! Designed by Adam "Maddog" Royter.

I paid $350.

They also have the no questions asked expediter warranty, outside the 12 month manufacturer warranty, where you pay half the purchase value and they give you a whole new rod.

Tight lines.

Rob

Edited by DarkHorse

That's great new Rob, as always Purefishing excel in customer service. It's fantastic that they went that little bit further and helped you out.

Did you mention you were a Fishraider member?

Like all other sponsors we have, they'll go out of their way to help fishraider members.

G'Day Fezza and Hodgey,

Fezza, I did NOT mention I was a Fishraider member. Did not think it would be appropriate.

All I need is to actually start catching some fish. Seriously.

Waiting for this wind to go away. Then go out and keep at it.

Hodgey I was hoping that you would have "caught" the lost piece by now :1fishing1: hahaha.

Cant wait to blood it and get that monkey off my back.

Thanks for the replies.

Regards,

Rob

I don't think mentioning that you are a fishraider member and making an inquiry to customer service about one of their products would be inappropriate, they probably be happy to know we're supporting their products and that their sponsorship is working.

You can always call Global Tackle and get them to order items from Purefishing if they don't already have it in stock at store.