Stacer 520 Northen Fisher

danh124

First time poster long time lurker,

I plan to buy a stacer 529 northen fisher and do some deckwork and put a elec bow mount on it.

This will hopfully give me a boat that can do both the bream comps and some light offshore and even take the family out for a spin.

post-16449-016189200 1289977795_thumb.jpg

These are the basic plans i have come up with so far and am looking for any advice that you the experianced may have.

I am allready thinking i will put the max HP out board (80) on it to deal with the extra weight but any thing else you guys may come up with will be appreciated.

Cheers

Dan :1fishing1:

Edited by danh124

G'Day Dan,

Nice choice. Seen one in the flesh with a Honda 4 stroke on the back, all set up. They also had the cushioned esky behind the wheel so when you are driving long distances you can have a seat as well. Decent boat, lots of room and good design for what you want to do.

Make sure you contact Craig from Huett Marine (site sponsor) as he is one of NSW's top Stacer dealers and can give you a great fishraider price!

If you are buying new, you better get in soon as Stacer will start getting really busy this time of year and delivery times can blow out.

Best to order the bow mount plate and rear step now and have them "fit" in the factory. The floor can also be modified I think as well in the factory, Craig will be able to let you know. Your idea's are great, you have done some research and know what you want, a great start for you and the dealer.

I have owned 2 brand new Stacers. Great boats, made in the same factory as Quintrex, but you get ALOT more boat for your dollars. Ensure you get the running lights and battery switch and bilge pump kit from factory as well.

Also Craig can supply I nice 24V long shaft 80lb Minn Kota Terrova with I-Pilot which would suit your needs perfectly. Both Lowrance and Humminbird make very nice Fishfinder/Chart/GPS plotters.

Either way good luck with your purchase, be safe, have fun and tight lines!

Regards,

Rob

Edited by DarkHorse

Hi Dan,

Mate some good ideas there, however I think you are going to run into major problems with the layout of all that under floor stuff. I have a Brooker 5m centre console and all subfloor is used for flotation and you will have ribs running across the boat every 300-400mm. You will need to turn everything sideways and make allowances to put flotation back in.

Regards

Nath

Hi Dan,

Mate some good ideas there, however I think you are going to run into major problems with the layout of all that under floor stuff. I have a Brooker 5m centre console and all subfloor is used for flotation and you will have ribs running across the boat every 300-400mm. You will need to turn everything sideways and make allowances to put flotation back in.

Regards

Nath

i think it will be ok as i will be building the cast deck above the existing floor so will not be interfering with any of the underfloor structure.

Hi Dan, we have a 529 NF in stock if you would like to view one and see if it will all fit and we have sold many, they are great hulls and well priced. We even have fitted M/K to the bow and they work well and the boat i have in stokc has had some "speial" factory mods that I get done just for us and they work well.

If you have any questions please ask or better yet swing by and have a climb over the one I have here.

Cheers,

Huey.