Another Big Jewie Pic

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

There I was , stuck into an Eagle ray the size of a volkswagen for approximately 40 minutes , and cursing like blazes that I had spooled up with 30lb test for the ist time in my life , because I could not even break this fish off let alone gain any line on it.

Finally , having skull dragged it up onto the beach and recovered my 8/0 hook , I had flopped down onto my fishing bucket , understandably breathless , when Up rocked this fella carrying a bream stick.

We exchanged greetings , and he seeing as I was totalyy tuckered out , asked if he could just have a quick chuck in , while I got my breath back , to which I agreed.

As I looked down the beach , I saw that most of the regulars were hard at it , so decided to walk down and have a chat .

As I started off , I looked back to see the fella`s rod that had taken my spot bent over like a safety pin , and he was busily doing the line dance waltz up the beach trying to regather line.

This caused a sudden erruption of giggles on my part , because I had visions of another , or even perhaps the same Eagle ray , hotfooting it to Brisbane with his line trailing behind , and so I continued on my way down the beach to say G`day.

Some 40 minutes later as I approached my spot , the camera man for NBN called me over and said " Hey , you know that fella that you were laughing at a few moments ago , well mate , he has just landed the biggest Jewfish I have ever seen landed here".

To which I sort of replied " Yeah , right , pull the other one", or something like that , to which he told me to go and check it out .

I kid you not , this fella , in the same time it took me to drag and enormous SUb from the deep ,using 30lb test , Had hooked , played , and actually landed a 63 lb Jewfish from my spot.

The thing was , he was using a bream stick , with 9 ( nine pound Line ) and a 3/0 hook , baited with a store bought worm .

Andrew Thomson from Newcastle , take a bow , you are a bloody legend mate.

Secretly I wanted to kill him , cut him up in littlle pieces and feed him to the Sharks , because I had fished that very same spot every night for two weeks for about 5/6 School jewies to about 12Lb max , and this fella comes along and does me over with one single cast.

Mick

He was gracious enough to send me the pic below.

:yikes: now thats a jewfish, sorry to hear that he got the fish and not you but im sure its happened to the best of us.Time i think for another plastic jew session :-rod

I agree with you Snag, but maybe a different waterway. With Spring upon us now we should slowly start to see more fish in our regular systems

Mick

that is a top fish mate. pitty him not you :( . keep at it and like Wacko said maybe give the lighter gear a go

Adam

G`day Fellas ,

Believe it or not , the first fish photo I posted , which was caught caught by Steve , was a carbon copy of my misfortune.

Except that my son , was wearing waders and had to take a toilet break.

Now what I can`t understand is , why he needed to go for a break in the ist place .

I can tell you from experience that waders will hold at least 20 litres of fluid " right ?", Ahh but thats another story!!!!.

Nudes , :-rod , when I ist arrived here , an old fella told me one priceless secret in fishing for jews in this place , " Forget everything you ever learnt anywhere else , and trust the locals ".

" He also gave me this jem as well , " Arrive 2 hours before sun up , or Sundown , and dont forget to bring something to drink , Fishing for jews is thirsty work".

My personal best so far is 35lb , but no pics , I only started collecting pics when I joined Sportsfish.

Pedro , Not as yet mate , its 4WD only , and I`m hoping my other twin will pop up for a visit soon , if he does , we will all go camping for a night or two.

Any of you stockton Boys Know Andrew Thomson/Thompson ??????.

Mick

just quietly... im looking at all the other keepers on the floor of the boat also.. is that one even hanging out of the side pockets in the boat also  :grogon:

Wish we could take credit. That was a charter boat that had just moored up beside us :)

G`day Fellas ,

Basser , please tell me you were not taking that fish into the bedroom ! ,and if you were , I hoped you turned the electric blanket off ist .

Top Fish Mate ! , and one thing that strikes you as you see most od these big fish is that they all seem to take on the colour of their habitat ,

The River Jews are darker , and most times smaller , and the beach Jews are generaly whiter and Larger .

But what they all have in common is they STINK ! , and its almost impossible to get rid of the smell from the bath , especially if you have had to drop it in there till morning .

It took my daughter 3 weeks to talk to me again , after walking into the bathroom in the early morning , and seeing a pair of eyes staring back at her over the lip of the bath in the faint glow of Ist Light , Fair dinkum fellas , I can still hear that sceam today , Thought it was a bloody home invasion or something serious .

The Gumption flew thick and fast as I was trying to clean up the mess , as was the air freshener , I think she went through at least 17 cans of the stuff till she was satisfied.

But thems all the fun of fishing aint it fellas ?, guess it would be pretty boring if ya didn`t have the Odd Tale to tell.

Mick

Ps Hers another one ....55lb

Edited by OWZAT

Owzat, What the heck do you do with all the massive fish ? Isnt the family sick of em yet ? :huh:

G`day Fellas ,

Hey Grant , they are not my fish mate!.

But my son gets his fair share , and I never have to wonder what to have for tea , thats for sure!.

Mick

Edited by OWZAT