Whats The Oldest Thing In Your Tackle Box?

stevefish

there is a saying that there is good lures and there is old lures.

i reckon this lure is well over 10 years old and its been everywhere, hasnt been used much but its been to 4 states, pacific and indian oceans coral and arafura seas and inland aswell.

i think it has 1 small (foul hooked) queenfish to its name.

post-1192-026061700 1290143013_thumb.jpg

whats the oldest thing in your tackle box.

not sure of the oldest thing in my tackle at the moment but I once found an old nilsmaster lure stuck in a willow tree at north richmond and I reckon that it accounted for more bass than any other lure for about the next 5 or 6 years! I even used it at lake conjola and landed a heap of tailor - it was a sad day when I finally lost it and I havent found another exactly the same since!

pete

there is a saying that there is good lures and there is old lures.

i reckon this lure is well over 10 years old and its been everywhere, hasnt been used much but its been to 4 states, pacific and indian oceans coral and arafura seas and inland aswell.

i think it has 1 small (foul hooked) queenfish to its name.

post-1192-026061700 1290143013_thumb.jpg

whats the oldest thing in your tackle box.

Mate you can work wonders on old crappy looking lures simply by changing trebles and split rings.

Ive got some old manns stretch+ lures i think thats about as old as my stuff goes as i only ever spun metals prior retiring from my "baito" career about 7 years ago.

Actually i think i might even have some Mr Twisters and wonder wobblers laying around!

My mate Rizzo loves the old skool lures and has a mini museum of proven lures in his stash he still regulary catches fish on!

Musty

I have a heap of Nils master Invincibles, Stalwarts and Spearheads, some original soft rubber Flopy lures (some waiting for bibs), a bunch of Mister Twisters, 30 year old Stingsildas, half a dozen Kona Heads, some Werner Kossman bristle lures and a bunch of big metal jigs I haven't used in probably over 30 years. Oh and an old Capstan centrepin rele and a an old Bakelite Alvey.

Baz

Found these couple of rareities in my tackle box, have to put them out and see if they actually work

the small one is "halco tuna"" , and the big one is "smiths jig", can you still buy these??

post-10866-067285600 1290421019_thumb.jpg

post-10866-024081600 1290421112_thumb.jpg

cheers snr

the smiths jig is one of the best trolling lures for any surface fish especially tailor use white and pink or orange they are still available

peter :1fishing1:

the smiths jig is one of the best trolling lures for any surface fish especially tailor use white and pink or orange they are still available

Well Pete. next time i go out it'll get loaded up to test your theory!! I do hope you are right!!

cheers snr

troll them as slow as you can have two lines out one white and the other pink or orange 30mts behind boat

main line.....swivel............smiths jig

if possible keep boat going after hook up [as your pulling one in there may be one on the other lure]unhook fish and tosslure back and pull the other fish in

use a handline 60to80lb when you hit a school shorten the length behind boat to 10to 15mts

try and circle the school after first hookup

Found these couple of rareities in my tackle box, have to put them out and see if they actually work

the small one is "halco tuna"" , and the big one is "smiths jig", can you still buy these??

post-10866-067285600 1290421019_thumb.jpg

post-10866-024081600 1290421112_thumb.jpg

cheers snr

Back in the 70s lost count of the number of stripeys my old man would have caught using the smiths jig

Cheers