Tuggerah Lakes, Quick Report

PlayerOne

Hi All;

Well with the recent good weather (finally!!); rounded up a couple mates & headed up early for a day trip up to The Entrance, to chase some flatties on plastics.

Between 3of us we boated about 30flatties, most around 45-50cm and best going 74cm (which was released). All were released except a couple taken for dinner! :yahoo:

Some pics;

img1653oq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img1640e.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img16430.jpg

Very relaxing day and back to Sydney by dinner time, so the :wife: was happy.

Alex.

Edited by PlayerOne

Yes there's plenty of flatties and whiting there atm BUT they'll be fished out by end of school holidays, anything that is caught is usually kept or killed or left to die on banks, sad but very true.

I hear ya mate,i have seen some people there taking and keeping under size fish and plenty of them,they are destroying it for all of us,sad but true........:ranting2:

Looked like a perfect day out with loads of fish Alex! Great markings on the big girl too! Top stuff all round.If you don't mind sharing some secrets, what sort of plastics were getting fish and what depths were you fishing?

Cheers;

Just usual flattie techniques...fish the drop offs and "sandy/weed" patches, anything from 1-3m deep. Squidgies between 70-100mm work best... :thumbup:

I agree - there are heaps of "weekend warriors" up there fishing off the banks - i'd hate to be a fish anywhere in casting distance! :mad3: Fisheries should do random checks up there in school holidays.... :ranting2:

Yes there's plenty of flatties and whiting there atm BUT they'll be fished out by end of school holidays, anything that is caught is usually kept or killed or left to die on banks, sad but very true.

Your right there Fezza! :ranting2:

If only the fishies could turn the tables,i'd like to see that.

Cheers,

Bruce :beersmile:

P.S no offence intended towards the tourists,or anyone else.

Nice report mate wondering how long it would take ya to put it up.

I think it was more than 30 flatties we caught tho more in the 40`s. I also see that flattie is growing in size as well lol.

Just joking was a great early season flattie hopefully more big ones to come.

Can't wait to get up there again and hopefully we can get some fish on dangar island this weekend should be cool staying there i've got lots of beers ready lol.