Eziguide Rollers For Trailer

luv_fishn

Gday guys! im looking to buy a set of Eziguides this week for my trailer but am not sure if i will be able to mount them because i dont know if my boat sits far back enough to sit on the rollers. Does anyone have these eziguides and know how far back the boat needs to be so the eziguide dont close up when the boat is all the way on the traler???

I also already have 2 skid type pivoting bars either side of the first center roller which will need to be removed but are mounted in a welded on bracket, do i need to grind those brackets off??

Iv attached some pics which probably make more sense then what i could ever describe lol :wacko:

Any info will be greatly appreciated :biggrin2:

Cheers!

post-13467-014865800 1290641973_thumb.jpg

post-13467-013413900 1290642036_thumb.jpg

post-13467-055714200 1290642048_thumb.jpg

ive got a pair of ezguides on my trailer. I had to adjust my boat futher back on trailer as you have mention the boat could go past the ezguides. From your picture it could JUST fit but to make sure move it back abit with out unbalancing your boat/trailer to much. And yes those brackets need to be grinded off cause they will get in the way.

But once you get them on it makes life much easier when loading your boat on :thumbup:

Easyguide is a great product in terms of practicality. It certainly has made launching / retrieving alot easier. Durability could be an issue as I have installed them a second time as corrosion is an issue. The second one is rusting readily also. If they were galvanised then durability shouldn’t be an issue. They would cost more as a result but give you peace of mind.

Second set three months after installation. Trailer is nine yers old.

post-8021-089459500 1290738400_thumb.jpg post-8021-052699700 1290738409_thumb.jpg post-8021-072167200 1290739086_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Cam

Guest Aussie007

i had a set never installed tho the springs were very stiff for the 5.6m model so u would need to install them with the boat off of the trailer unless u winch the boat futher on the trailer and some how winch the rollers down than slide the boat back over them

i just transfered my eziguide to a new trailer. the only dif this time a bolted them on using square u bolts. i was told by the trailer people not to drill holes in trailer.just fit the base to trailer then launch boat then put the arm / rollers on .hope that helps peter

mine is about 3yrs old and sure looks like it too... :074: If you look carefuly you can see the end piece of the ezguide is missing which is the 2nd time it has came off..i think its due to the spilt pin thats holds it in place gets rusted and snaps off while retriving the boat... :mad3: That part is about $20ish from ezguide which is the only place that you buy that item...

i just transfered my eziguide to a new trailer. the only dif this time a bolted them on using square u bolts. i was told by the trailer people not to drill holes in trailer.just fit the base to trailer then launch boat then put the arm / rollers on .hope that helps peter

That is a great idea captain i be doin that next time if i ever need to buy another one! :thumbup:

post-6068-084469800 1291186530_thumb.jpg

Edited by Little Hooker