Any Reports From Port Stephens

Aqua Monster

Hey

Wondering if anyone has heard any reports of Marlin as yet from Port Stephens?

Did a trip to the Allmark Mountain a few weeks ago for half a dozen reasonable Kings, fun, but not the same as chasing Marlin...

Looks like some real good water coming down...

hopefully won't be sittin in the lounge room wishin for too much longer

Aqua Monster

Thanks for the reply Sam

I heard a report on the grapevine that a boat came in on Wednesday with 3 flags flying

I was told 2 stripes and a blue

Not sure where they were caught tho...

Promising numbers for this time of year

Interested to hear any other reports

Aqua Monster

From a recent Port Stephens offshore report - thanks Paul.

OUTSIDE

There’s plenty of action hotting up this week outside. Striped Marlin in the 70 to 90kg range have shown up in the 70 to 100 fathom mark straight out from the heads. One boat raising 5 to take only 1 whilst we have heard of around 5 other fish trolled again in the 70 fathom mark to the Almark. Out wide 28k’s east of Broughton the Vanessa S boated 5 Broadbill to 150kgs this week. The Yellowfin seem to have slowed off this week hearing of only a few fish around 30 – 40kgs. The temp on the shelf is 20.8 to 21 degrees up to 22.5 30ks outwide of the shelf. Earlier this week the current was running uphill but I reckon its slowed or changed as there are Dolly’s everywhere over the last day or two. You can see em running around ranging from 5 – 20kgs with a lot round 10-15kgs even in close.

Thanks for the reply Sam

I heard a report on the grapevine that a boat came in on Wednesday with 3 flags flying

I was told 2 stripes and a blue

Not sure where they were caught tho...

Promising numbers for this time of year

Interested to hear any other reports

Aqua Monster

definately true, i was up at port towards the end of Nov and most boats came back with at least one tagged.

• 1 month later...

Just got a report from Rob on his boat Marquis. They went 8 8 4 for the weekend just gone. Three Blue Marlin,to approximately 200kg and a Stripe Marlin around 100kg. They also got a 12kg Wahoo for the BBQ. They were fishing just over the shelf & Rob reports that they had an incredable 29.3 degree water!!!!! All fish were caught on lures and tagged & released. Looking forward to getting up there!!!!!!

Yes think that was ivan that got the wahoo, also heard the current is raging up there too, maybe explains why all were caught on lures, bait cant hold up in the current. Also temps are variable in areas and so is the water colour.