Fly Lessons

iggy

hi all ,soon i will have a fly rod in my arsenal, & was wondering does anyone know of a good guide that does casting lessons around the sussex inlet area as i have no clue with this style of fishing & i really think its something i need to get lessons in cause i dont want to get frustrated & put it in the corner.

thanks iggy

Gday Iggy, congratulations on turning to the dark side. Do yourself a favour and definately get some lessons to start off. I wouldnt try to teach your self to cast as you will end up frustrated and teaching yourself bad habbits.It may cost some good dollars for a lesson or two but it will be the best money you will spend. Cacthing any fish on a fly rod is so much more rewarding than any other method......enjoy. cheers troutboy

Tangled, it hasnt turned up yet ,the nab stuff up has delayed it :ranting2: ,& thanks TB will do ,Hodgey thats a good idea will give it a shot ,though my tackle store is over 1/2 an hour away, a decent 1 that is

iggy

I just also got a fly rod, it came in a Gillies beginners box. peter morse was on an instruction dvd showing some basic stuff which helped get me started, but i spent 2 hours in a shop at parramatta talking with a guy about fly fishing and gear. tied my first fly today too :) anyways, good luck with the fly gear hope you catch something on it soon.