Botany Bay Friday Arvo

tinny1

Headed out again on my usual Friday arvo plastics session , it was windy and choppy but this never worries me when i'm throwing these lures as it helps the flight whilst using light line 2kg in this case.After arriving at the SPOT ( without being too specific anywhere along the groynes from the oil wharf down to Bonner Point in about 2-3mtrs of water on an incoming or outgoing tide will produce fish just look for the weed beds and fish over them keeping your lures just above them) i quickly threw in my favourite 4" Gulp watermelon worm and on my second cast bagged a nice 36cm brim , got a few more smaller 26cm specimens but they all lived to fight another day,it went quite at the bottom of the low tide so i took off to captain cooks bridge but this only turned into a sight seeing tour with no hits at all.back to the SPOT on the incoming tide proved to be the right decision as i soon had everything from Trevally,brim,Tarhwine and flatty's engulfing my lures,but the best was soon to come when i had to shorten my 4"watermelon gulp after the peckers had slashed the head to pieces but had left the tail alone, so after this modification was done it went back in the drink to be monstered by what i 1st thought was a big brim as it wasn't doing the usual circles around the boat , then it woke up and man what a fight i reckon the trick to keeping this 47cm puppy attached to my 2kg fireline was the backing off of my drag i just let it run a little more than i usually would it was a good 3-4min fight .I still beleive these things are the best fighters out doing any Brim or Flatty on their day,and taste great too fresh !!

post-12894-041755200 1291423975_thumb.jpg

Edited by tinny1

Headed out again on my usual Friday arvo plastics session , it was windy and choppy but this never worries me when i'm throwing these lures as it helps the flight whilst using light line 2kg in this case.After arriving at the SPOT ( without being too specific anywhere along the groynes from the oil wharf down to Bonner Point in about 2-3mtrs of water on an incoming or outgoing tide will produce fish just look for the weed beds and fish over them keeping your lures just above them) i quickly threw in my favourite 4" Gulp watermelon worm and on my second cast bagged a nice 36cm brim , got a few more smaller 26cm specimens but they all lived to fight another day,it went quite at the bottom of the low tide so i took off to captain cooks bridge but this only turned into a sight seeing tour with no hits at all.back to the SPOT on the incoming tide proved to be the right decision as i soon had everything from Trevally,brim,Tarhwine and flatty's engulfing my lures,but the best was soon to come when i had to shorten my 4"watermelon gulp after the peckers had slashed the head to pieces but had left the tail alone, so after this modification was done it went back in the drink to be monstered by what i 1st thought was a big brim as it wasn't doing the usual circles around the boat , then it woke up and man what a fight i reckon the trick to keeping this 47cm puppy attached to my 2kg fireline was the backing off of my drag i just let it run a little more than i usually would it was a good 3-4min fight .I still beleive these things are the best fighters out doing any Brim or Flatty on their day,and taste great too fresh !!

post-12894-041755200 1291423975_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a great trip out on the bay.Your right about trevalley putting up a fight when there at that size,great sport on the spin gear :fisher:

chris