Middle Harbour

Hit Middle harbour early this morning, well about 6 am. It was quite a still morning when launching from Roseville and when I reached Balmoral there was only a slight breeze. I was going to go into Sydney Harbour originally, but there was quite a sizeable swell coming through the heads and although the boat was travelling ok, I thought, the Harbour can wait for another day. Anyhow, it ended up being a good choice. As I drifted around Balmoral I landed 2 nice trevors with SPs. The biggest one was at 37 cms, see pic. As you guys know, trevors sure can pull and I thought the big one might have been something else. I then headed back to Roseville stopping at a few spots, one being the MHYC. Casting amongst the moorings I saw some surface action and also had hooked a nice fish, which I reckon was a thumper bream, but it pulled the hooks after a short tussle. Headed back to the ramp at around 10. Overall it was a good morning, caught a couple of nice fish, got out on the boat, tried out my new Matrix 27 sounder, which worked well but still lots of fiddling to do to get use to the array of settings and functions available, took the flyrod and had a cast, but unfortunately no score.

cheers

PS unfortunately, the picture didnt come out too good, too much glare.

Guest bluecod

That's a nice trevor Narra, would have been a bit of fun too on the lighter tackle.

How'd the boat handle the conditions?

Cheers Raiders :thumbup:

The boat is going well George, especially after putting the foils on, still, I'll get it serviced b4 the summer season. As for handling the conditions, as mentioned, the swell was a little big and I made sight of Sow and Pig and could have made it into the harbour ok, just thought I'd be cautious and stay in Middle Harbour. That forecast 3 metre swell is pretty right, I went and had a look at DY Point today and there were 2-3 metre waves breaking.

As for trevors and light gear, they are great fun. The big one went for a few runs and twice around the boat, typical trevor tactics. I used my little spin stick which had 6 lb Vanish and 8lb Fireline, could have gone lighter, but I really only took the spin stick as a backup because I was going to use the flyrod if the salmon and slimeys were around.

Dont forget to contact me when you get back Mark, we'll organise a session with the fly.

cheers

Nice one Narra. :thumbup:

I gave the fishing a miss this weekend with the questionable weather....

I hope I will be seeing more of you out middle harbour now you have your new rig. I will be looking at picking up a fly rig soon, so if I run into you out there, look out as I will be bugging you for tips :1naughty:

alex

Hey Alex,

we should meet up one day out there. As mentioned, I fished MHYC moorings today, I think I read your posts b4 and you go there and do well. I had one smoking run with a short tussle, but unfortunately lost him. In a southerly, that spot is like glass. Let me know when you want to meet up.

cheers

Ken

Cobia in Middle harbour, like to land one myself, saw McGill around the Spit on Friday afternoon, someone said they were landing kingies. Cobia are an awesome looking fish, there was a post a while ago of someone landing a very nice one in Middle Harbour.