Hawkesbury Live Bait Spots

aries44

Hi Fellow Fishraiders

Haven't fished the lower Hawkesbury for years and was intending going there tomorrow to get my son some fish. Can anyone help me out with some spots to berley up some yakkas or poddy mullet? Will be launching boat at Brooklyn, so hopefully someone can help us with some live bait grounds near there.

wherever you can find a sandy shoreline there are usually poddies. Berley with bread. If your willing to go as far as bar point then some of the secluded beaches have a truck load of em.

tom

Thanks Tom. I'll give it a go. But where does one find yakkas ?

West Head is pretty reliable of a morning for Yakkas. (ive never tried there in the middle of the day)

Occasionally you will get Garfish and Slimies. Some people squid there too.

The live bait spot is kinda on the ENE corner of West Head. Just outside the "pill boxes" in about 5-8m of water which is probably 25-40m out from the shore.

cheers

Rod

West Head is pretty reliable of a morning for Yakkas. (ive never tried there in the middle of the day)

The live bait spot is kinda on the ENE corner of West Head. Just outside the "pill boxes" in about 5-8m of water which is probably 25-40m out from the shore.

cheers

Rod

No problem there any time of the day, as of last weekend we are getting a lot of big yakkas (15-20cm range) there squid have been very had to find there. If you really want squid palm beach wharf can produce but will be hard work during the day.

No problem there any time of the day, as of last weekend we are getting a lot of big yakkas (15-20cm range) there squid have been very had to find there. If you really want squid palm beach wharf can produce but will be hard work during the day.

Thanks to all fellow Fishraiders for their tips. I didn't get out on Wed, but will try your recommendations next time.

cheers

Rod

can't go wrong at west head near the pill boxes. . didn'even waste burley there this morning......................got some good kings out of them too!! :yahoo: