Pier 2 Fishing Tomorrow :d

tunpa

use a bonnie for bait live obviously, theres some decent size kings that swim past that wharf. I know every one there fights on locked drag when they hook kingies however i have brought up a few there and i find the best way is no drag at all they just seem to continue on there way and dnt run straight for cover

by no drag i mean little drag for example on a bait runner where u can set it enough so it doesnt just birds nest, i usually give them a bit of time before i set the hook but thats me. Of all the kingies i have hooked and brought up at pier 2 were on 30lb braid main line and 40lb leader they just seem to run out to deep water. If they do run to deep water try and play them out for aslong as you can stand to so when u do get it to the wharf its pretty nackered

fishing today was AWFULL! not even more than 10 bites and casting metal lures out for like 4 hours and nothing, my friend lost somthing big but i no idea what it was, hes drag was full locked and it spat out the hook =='it was windy so it was very difficult to tell if the fish were biting or not, bad day fishing :(