Sp's

Little Hooker

Hey lads,

Heading away for nye break and havin the mighty hawkesbury as my backyard what else would one do :yahoo: This gives me a perfect chance to try and break my drought in SP's and using vibes. I can say im no expert in SP and would love to get some of your input of brand/colour/size and shape to futher my chances in landin some fish.

Heres the collection of what ive had used in the past which i havent caught much fish in (apart from a few small flatties) and brought some glups tonight to try something different. Brought a hand full of blades too which is goin to be my first attemp also

What do you guys think?? Should i be adding anything else to up my chances ?

TIA :1fishing1:

post-6068-034971300 1292939791_thumb.jpg

post-6068-037612500 1292940308_thumb.jpg

Hey lads,

Heading away for nye break and havin the mighty hawkesbury as my backyard what else would one do :yahoo: This gives me a perfect chance to try and break my drought in SP's and using vibes. I can say im no expert in SP and would love to get some of your input of brand/colour/size and shape to futher my chances in landin some fish.

Heres the collection of what ive had used in the past which i havent caught much fish in (apart from a few small flatties) and brought some glups tonight to try something different. Brought a hand full of blades too which is goin to be my first attemp also

What do you guys think?? Should i be adding anything else to up my chances ?

TIA :1fishing1:

What are you targeting? And what part of the Hawkesbury will you be fishing?

As long as you have nuclear chicken you can be assured of some flatties. They go mad for them up here.

I've never fished the Hawkesbury but if i could only take one type of lure to any of the estuaries i've fished it would be Gulp 3" Minnow grubs in the coulour water melon. I normally fish the on a 1/8oz or 1/4oz and occasionally 1/16oz if it's shallow or super still. I've caught mostly flathead and bream but also tailor and EPs on them.

what you have there should do the trick.

jerusalem bay and smiths creek are not far away and produce good flatties and bream, particularly on the run out tide and late arvo. juno and flint and steel are not far away also so worth a shot there for jews. personally i have never got a jew on plastics, always whole bottle squid.

best of luck, cant wait to see the report!

thanks guys for your input will be surely puttin them in to practise when im up there :thumbup: and do some sort of a report IF i catch anything decent!

I jus brought plano container to hold all the scent from the glups so i chucked all my old grubs and power bait to soak in the glups . Good or bad idea??? How about the wriggles?? keep them seperate??

also have some poppers ive brought at the counter at the tackle store awhile back...it was cheap :1prop:

post-6068-072769500 1293022837_thumb.jpgAre these considered whitting poppers??

Edited by Little Hooker

thanks guys for your input will be surely puttin them in to practise when im up there :thumbup: and do some sort of a report IF i catch anything decent!

I jus brought plano container to hold all the scent from the glups so i chucked all my old grubs and power bait to soak in the glups . Good or bad idea??? How about the wriggles?? keep them seperate??

also have some poppers ive brought at the counter at the tackle store awhile back...it was cheap :1prop:

post-6068-072769500 1293022837_thumb.jpgAre these considered whitting poppers??

yep, no reason why whiting wouldn't take one of those, in my experience though they prefer lighter colours but those should still work.