Harbour Hiramasa!

fishmaniac

Hey all,

Jim77 and I decided to have a crack at some harbour kingies this afternoon. As i was towing my boat to the ramp I noticed the arrival of a gusty southerly change. Couldn't it have waited a couple of hours? Nonetheless we put the boat in at 6pm and punched it out to the main harbour. It was windy, but we were dry so it was all good :thumbup:

We sounded around various markers throughout the harbour. The first marker that we stopped at showed some arches and we both hooked up on our first cast. Rats....

Had a look around but no more hits. So we kept driving around to try and find some more fish showing up on the sounder. We then stumbled across a thick school of good kings. Jim landed 3 and I landed 2. All of which were legal and put up a great fight. Our two largest (one by each of us) went 83 and 84cm. They were thick fish and very powerful. It was crazy action for about 10 mins as we both had our hands full with good fish. We then tried to relocate the school but had no luck.

We were on our way in at 8pm.

Fishing with soft plastics certainly seems to be a productive way to get the fish at the moment and saves on catching bait!!!!

post-6215-068900800 1293109611_thumb.jpg

well done fellas.......

im not a plastics person but seems like i have 2 start using them, can sum1 post what plastics are used for kings?

the biggest you can find! You might want to look for them on some os websites - lunkercity.com - is a good place to start. 9" sluggos or even bigger are good for the big kings.

Hey all,

Jim77 and I decided to have a crack at some harbour kingies this afternoon. As i was towing my boat to the ramp I noticed the arrival of a gusty southerly change. Couldn't it have waited a couple of hours? Nonetheless we put the boat in at 6pm and punched it out to the main harbour. It was windy, but we were dry so it was all good :thumbup:

We sounded around various markers throughout the harbour. The first marker that we stopped at showed some arches and we both hooked up on our first cast. Rats....

Had a look around but no more hits. So we kept driving around to try and find some more fish showing up on the sounder. We then stumbled across a thick school of good kings. Jim landed 3 and I landed 2. All of which were legal and put up a great fight. Our two largest (one by each of us) went 83 and 84cm. They were thick fish and very powerful. It was crazy action for about 10 mins as we both had our hands full with good fish. We then tried to relocate the school but had no luck.

We were on our way in at 8pm.

Fishing with soft plastics certainly seems to be a productive way to get the fish at the moment and saves on catching bait!!!!

post-6215-068900800 1293109611_thumb.jpg

well done cheers bangus