Any Prawns Being Caught Sydney-Central Coast?

robton

Hi Guys

The kids want to try prawning and I'd like to take them tonight.

Is anyone doing any good around Sydney or the central coast?

If you could steer me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi There

I went up to the entrance last night with my son .Only managed a small amount of prawns and they were on the small size.Lots of fun trying and heaps of holiday makers attempting to do the same.We went out in a tinnie but the majority were down near the bridge on foot.

I was up at Valentine near Newcastle. My mate is keen on prawning and took us out on Wed 29th night at Swansea (Lake Maquarie). It was near a bridge. Heaps of prawns and squid. We went out at sunset and fished until 2am. Even caught a shark on a squid. It was my first time prawning so I was like a "fat kid in a candy store." Hope this helps. Let me know if you want/ need more specifics.

Thanks for the replies.

We made the trip up last night but unfortunately the weather wasn't very kind to us SE winds and raining = no prawns.

Still had fun trying though.

There are prawns there though if you have the right gear and good conditions with 5kgs+ being caught by locals in deeper water off the bottom.

We'll try again soon, weather permitting!!!

some mates were recently getting up to 10kg in 4 drags in tuggerah lake.

This might sound very silly, but could you clarify what you mean buy "4 Drags".. I thouhgt the rules say you are only allowed scoop nets? were they using drag nets?