Startingspot For Country Lad

Denno

Hi all

Im a country boy just moved to the big smoke. After I got here I bought a 5.5m quinny, and have been out heaps of times, without much success. :( See I'm only used to 4 species in the water, not 4000.

Any way a couple of mates of mine are coming out with me, probably on Botany. I have been buying fisho's world etc to give me some tips, and a couple of books from local 'legends', but I know I just have to get out there and do it.

Any way, if ever you see a 5m tinny with 'TASSIE N' rego any where on the water say g'day.

See ya's

Denno

Guest MarkD

:1welcomeani: to the site mate. Best o fluck in your endeavours. I dont know Botany at all but there are a few lads on here who I'm sure can give you some tips.

Cheers

Mark

:1welcomeani:  to the site mate. Best o fluck in your endeavours. I dont know Botany at all but there are a few lads on here who I'm sure can give you some tips.

Cheers

Mark

48005[/snapback]

Thanks for the welcome Mark. Look forward to participating and learning from some of you guys in the future.

Regards

Denno

Guest Jocool

Want a hot tip for the Bay?

Find out what Kikila's boat looks like...and follow him! :1prop:

Welcome to the site mate! I'm sure if you look around, you will find a heap od info in old posts. Just click on the search button and type in Botany...That should get you started. :thumbup:

Hi all

Im a country boy just moved to the big smoke.  After I got here I bought a 5.5m quinny, and have been out heaps of times, without much success. :(  See I'm only used to 4 species in the water, not 4000.

Any way a couple of mates of mine are coming out with me, probably on Botany.  I have been buying fisho's world etc to give me some tips, and a couple of books from local 'legends', but I know I just have to get out there and do it. 

Any way, if ever you see a 5m tinny with 'TASSIE N' rego any where on the water say g'day.

See ya's

Denno

48001[/snapback]

Welcome to the sight Denno :1welcomeani:

As Jo said do a search for botany and you should find a heap of stuff.

Cheers

Trev

Welcome to the sight Denno :1welcomeani:

As Jo said do a search for botany and you should find a heap of stuff.

Cheers

Trev

48021[/snapback]

Thankx guys

Can read, cant fish :yahoo: wont stop tryin though

Cheers

Denno

:1welcomeani: Denno,

The bay is fishing pretty well at the moment. The secret is burley!

Like most places it can run hot and cold. Look for structure, ie dropoffs etc.

The runways all fish well, but will fish better with burley!!!

Good luck - look forward to reading about your trips in the reports section.

Ken