New Boat - Clueless on the Bay

helliconia

Hi guys, I've been lurking here for a bit but now I've got the new boat I'm keen to get more involved in the Fishraider team!

I'm based In Summer Hill/Ashfield area and my usual haunt would be around the lower Hawkesbury but I'm keen to learn more about the Bay since its a bit closer.

If any Raiders would be interested I'd be grateful to take some of you out in exchange for a little local knowledge.

My boat is a 4.75m Brooker runabout (with bimini and clears) and a 60hp Yamaha 4 stroke. It could fish 3 reasonably comfortably. I've got a colour sounder and chart plotter plugged in too. My fishing gear is copious but pretty basic. Mostly I've been into bream & flathead on soft plastics, as well as bait fishing with the other half. I do have some heavier gear but nothing too flash.

As this is my first boat ever (altough my Dad had boats all my life growing up so I'm not a complete amateur) I'd appreciate a few tips from some of you guys (or ladies) who know the ropes a bit better than me.

I can make time on the weekends and I get RDO's periodically I can use during the week.

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Hi Brian,

I used to own a boat the past 5 years & was fishing always the bay, so have a fair bit of knowledge of the bay. My boat was sold last year & looking at getting another one this year.

I would be happy to come out with you & show you some of the fishing spots I’ve had success.

Send me a PM if you’re interested taking me on board. :biggrin2:

Cheers

Triton

Hi guys, I've been lurking here for a bit but now I've got the new boat I'm keen to get more involved in the Fishraider team!

I'm based In Summer Hill/Ashfield area and my usual haunt would be around the lower Hawkesbury but I'm keen to learn more about the Bay since its a bit closer.

If any Raiders would be interested I'd be grateful to take some of you out in exchange for a little local knowledge.

My boat is a 4.75m Brooker runabout (with bimini and clears) and a 60hp Yamaha 4 stroke. It could fish 3 reasonably comfortably. I've got a colour sounder and chart plotter plugged in too. My fishing gear is copious but pretty basic. Mostly I've been into bream & flathead on soft plastics, as well as bait fishing with the other half. I do have some heavier gear but nothing too flash.

As this is my first boat ever (altough my Dad had boats all my life growing up so I'm not a complete amateur) I'd appreciate a few tips from some of you guys (or ladies) who know the ropes a bit better than me.

I can make time on the weekends and I get RDO's periodically I can use during the week.

Thanks in advance!

Brian