Botany Bay 5/1/11

BUSTER 1

Thought we would try for some kings in the Bay yesterday ,plan was catch some squid go to Moll Point and load up on kings sounds easy enough,but after a hour and a half and not a squid to be found we changed the plan and went to to the northen end of Moll Point and caught a dozen yellowtail and went and anchored up on the point with about 10 other boats and set out our yakkas three hours later the score was 3 rat kings and one bonito all caught on prawns, another plan change was called for so we slow trolled some yakkas along the front of Cape Bailey again the kings did not want to play, another plan change STUFF the kings lets catch some flathead Finally the plan came together we landed 12 good flathead in about an hour , all in all it was a great day ,The Kings will have to show up soon????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

post-571-069801300 1294258753_thumb.jpg

post-571-023699700 1294258869_thumb.jpg

Nice one mate you did better then us, only hooked a 60cm kingy and a little port jackson shark both on prawns, one of our lines was peeling off but by the time i got to it we lost it. I did see one guy though that pulled in atleast 8 kingys within a few hours, probably all undersize though. There was another guy trolling a yakka that pulled in a kingy right next to us that would have been an easy 80-90cm.

Atleast you cleaned up on the flatties! :thumbup:

Thought we would try for some kings in the Bay yesterday ,plan was catch some squid go to Moll Point and load up on kings sounds easy enough,but after a hour and a half and not a squid to be found we changed the plan and went to to the northen end of Moll Point and caught a dozen yellowtail and went and anchored up on the point with about 10 other boats and set out our yakkas three hours later the score was 3 rat kings and one bonito all caught on prawns, another plan change was called for so we slow trolled some yakkas along the front of Cape Bailey again the kings did not want to play, another plan change STUFF the kings lets catch some flathead Finally the plan came together we landed 12 good flathead in about an hour , all in all it was a great day ,The Kings will have to show up soon????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hi Mate The squid in the Bay are not always a push over. I was out there yesterday also It took us about 3 hours to get 4 and I dropped about 5. The effort is worth it though, With in one minute in the water we had a king and the baits only lasted about a half hour. It was lucky I took a big frozen one that I had caught from a previous trip. All up we got about 8 rats a salmon and 1/ 73cm king.

Cheers Mark