No Kings and a stolen downrigger!

jim77

Went out today. Late start due to domestic duties so i wasn't too confident of finding any decent Kings.

First couple of places i looked no fish and then i came across some surface action in the harbour. There were schools of Tailor, Bonnies and Rat kings right through the harbour it seemed. Everywhere i went there were most bust ups. Had a bit of fun with them for a while then went to look for some bigger Kings.

Poked my head outside North Head but it was horrible. Really steep swell and short period stuff - nasty!

Down rigged around a few spots for a few more rats - no legals to be found.

After a bit more entertainment with the surface action i decided to call it a day.

Got back to the ramp at Drummoyne and started packing up. Gave some livies and a load of other primo bait to a couple of guys who were just heading out and then went to get the car,

I was gone for about 1 minute maybe 2max. Got the boat out went home. Clearing up. Thats funny where is the other downrigger..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

SOME DIRTY F@#KING LOW LIFE had the nerve to steal my downrigger off my boat when i was getting the car. ranting2.gifranting2.gif It would have been a bit fiddly to get it off as well.

There were only 2 boats there and some guys fishing on the wharf. I went back for a look but no sign. I have a pretty good idea who it was - so if it was you watch your back!

Just a warning to people to watch their stuff carefully when launching and retrieving. I am very annoyed but also relieved that i didn't lose more stuff. There were far more valuable things that could have been pinched. I am always worried about this exact scenario when i am by myself but the downrigger was the last thing that i thought would go!

Hi Jim,

Very sorry to hear your bad news m8! It's a reminder for me that in this great sport/ passtime of ours there are a fair few people who have no respect for others and their property - I'll be sure to keep a close eye out at the boat ramp next time!

Thanks for the heads up and I'm sure they will get what they deserve. :ranting2:

Cheers,

Andrew

what -----, I cant believe it Jim, and you know what the thought of the other people around who saw this low life poor excuse of a human being undo your downrigger and say NOTHING :ranting2: they're just as bad. We all have to keep our eyes and ears open for our fellow brothers & sisters and put a stop to this bullshit. Go get a job you scumbags and earn a decent days pay and leave what dosent belong to you ALONE. :ranting2:

Bring back CP!!!

Mate its called bad karma......im sure it will get them sooner or later

That is b...s... sorry to hear mate

Yeh no good

ive had a similar thing happen to me at parsley bay i dont go there anymore

keep a look out for the homeless living in the caves

50m from the ramp just behind the trees you cant see

them but they can see you.

What the F***

You said there was two boats at the ramp and they both didnt say nothing well they are just as bad as each other ...................sorry to hear it Jim !!!

I've got a pretty good idea that it was one of the boats...

that sucks... i got into some kings on saturday jigging at botany scored 3 in 3 drops but the third was a monster and after a 15 min fight with some awkward pulling he snapped my nitro magnum butt rod from the bottom section (good thing they have life time insurance :P)

I cant stand ppl that steal from other ppl,,,,

Kyeemagh boat ramp I came back to find all my rollers on the trailer stolen,,, had to drive my boat up onto the steel axle bits!!!.....much better than other ppl I have heard had their complete trailer stolen!

A pity you did not take a photo of who you thought the culprits were. Then post it all over the Boat ramp saying why.

This happened once at another ramp with a message return stolen items or these pictures will continue until I get my gear back. He gave a tackle shop as a address for obvious reasons and he got his items back.

A pity you did not take a photo of who you thought the culprits were. Then post it all over the Boat ramp saying why.

This happened once at another ramp with a message return stolen items or these pictures will continue until I get my gear back. He gave a tackle shop as a address for obvious reasons and he got his items back.

Nice idea... But i didn't know it had been stolen until i got home! I will be keeping a close eye out for the boat though... And if i see him will decide on my course of action once i rate my chances. I have already had my life threatened over another fishing matter so i'm a little more gun shy than i used to be.

Nice idea... But i didn't know it had been stolen until i got home! I will be keeping a close eye out for the boat though... And if i see him will decide on my course of action once i rate my chances. I have already had my life threatened over another fishing matter so i'm a little more gun shy than i used to be.

You serious Jim77?

You had your life threatened over another fishing matter? Over fishing?!? There must be some real low life's around your area, you should come over to gods country, the north shore ;)

Isnt our country terrible. I had an instance at 4am in the morning at Roseville. I check the bungs of the boat, get to the Spit and my run about is sinking, yes, sinking. Someone knocked off the bungs when I went away from the car and boar for a while before launching. I feel sorry for you cause the downrigger is a fortune. If you need to lend a lake troller in the meantime, just PM me.

As for catching these guys, make sure you give them some from me. It could of cost our lives if we did not think fast enough.

Marco

ahhh man that sucks!!! sorry to hear mate. what can you do though aye. Hey if you need a rigger let me know you can borrow mine, Im not going to attach mine to the new boat so if you want to use it give me yell.

Bloudy mongrel thieving unsavoury characters! Every dog has their day mate!