haines signature 543rf

Stacer560

hey guys, i had casted my boat wondering eyes on this new haines signature 543rf.

Apparently is has been built for the fisherman, and for once i must say, yes it is getting close.

Has anyone seen or been on one of these boats?

http://www.haines-marine.com.au/content.aspx?pageID=141&mainID=14

What are your thoughts on it for a fishing rig / leisure?

Or would you go with a cuddy cabin?

My next boat is looking like the 543f . It is the cabin version . I have a 530f for the first boat & I love the size of this boat for all

I like to do & handle solo. If you have a wife & kids controlling you like me her input will help make your mind up . The cabin is good as it has porta potty . my wife likes to escape the sun sometimes & read when we are out fishing so that helped with the choice of the 530f. I love the hull design of the signature.Mine is the old shape but it cuts through swell great. I didnt have the money for the newer shape when i first brought but Am looking forward to having the money in the next year to upgrade to my dream boat . What size motor would you like for it . 4 or 2 stroke , that is a question that I still cant decide on . That being an optimax 2stroke only . Have fun looking as that to me is half the fun of a new toy . Hornets

I have a 540f similar hull, good handling boat, deep hull so good on the plane, not to choppy. I have been to the shelf on good days no problem. Not too rocky when at rest. Good thing is its still easy to tow, they can be handled by one person relatively easily. They are a little narrow compared to some others but the sides are really deep so you never feel like you could fall over the side. You need to think about battery placements and anything heavy when you initially set up as it can affect a little bit of lean on the boat. I never really use the cuddy as mostly its for fishing but with the family out the cuddy is good. Also if you get one over the front which you may get eventually I don't think as much water would come into the boat. Minimum power really has to be 115. I you want to tow stuff I would go 130 or you could run 2 props with a 115 to pull out of the water easier. I have a 115 but you can always have more power!

Hi, I had a good crawl over one of these new models at the Sydney show before the doors opened to the public and yes it was a good looking boat and Signature have a deserved reputation for building good boats. I agree with some of the comments and the Signatures, of all sizes, I have been in tend to be a bit tippy and the nose tends to bury and dictate the direction of the boat (similar to an alloy brand with that bow shape too). They tend to be light weight for their size, which can be a good thing if you are looking to save some money due not needing as much HP, but the down side is they get pushed around a bit more than a hull of a few hundred Kgs more and for that reason I choose to sell another great brand of glass boat in the Haines Hunter and you should also check out the HH 575 Profish, the ride of this hull is famous and hard to beat and the price may surprise you too.

I think if I was a person looking for an Australian built glass boat I would look at Haines Hunter, Signature, Seafarer and Cruisecraft and see which one I prefer and I have been to the HH factory a few times now and it is a very very impressive set-up and what you guys do not see under the floor and in the hidden areas is why you would buy a HH if you saw what I have seen.

Enjoy your boat shopping and the best advise is get a short list and then test each boat and decide what YOU like best and you are confident the dealer knows what they are doing.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hey mate, I owned a 543 cabin boat and it handled VERY well for a boat its size, since that boat I have owned much larger 23 footers and have to say for a boat of its size it was a smoother ride than some of the US boats ive been in. :wacko:

The SVDH (Variable deadrise) gives the boat a magnificent ride in the chop, not bad at rest either but what I love most is the way Haines Signature manage to distribute the weight in their hulls so well, they have a lovely tendancy to land on their bums when launching over the top of swell which tends to give a nice safe/soft landing. You'll find the old hainseys will do the same. (Maybe this is cause they were once from the same brain child, Hainsy himself).

My only negative on mine was that I felt it was slightly lacking power, I had a 115hp 4 stroke and it really struggled to get on the plane when it was loaded with fuel and a few people.

I think they are very well built boat and would highly recommend them. In fact if they made a walk around, thats probably what I would get.....

Good Luck.

hey guys, i had casted my boat wondering eyes on this new haines signature 543rf.

Apparently is has been built for the fisherman, and for once i must say, yes it is getting close.

Has anyone seen or been on one of these boats?

http://www.haines-marine.com.au/content.aspx?pageID=141&mainID=14

What are your thoughts on it for a fishing rig / leisure?

Or would you go with a cuddy cabin?

Hi

I have had a Sig. 540F now for over 4 years, it is a 1999 model with a 140HP Suzuki EFI 2 stroke. I can't fault the hull. Previous to this boat, I had basically stuck to bay and river fishing. The 540 has inspired the confidence in me to now mostly fish outside, last Sunday was the 2 Fads ending up about 15K out. I have been out in some fairly rough conditions and have never been concerned about the boat.

The only downs I have had is the 2 stroke in relation to fuel use, I carry a 20L back up supply when going out,the 100L standard tank is just not big enough. And I do suffer with a lean to the right when running which I am still trying to rectify with weight distribution.

As far as engine, I would be looking at a Suzuki 140Hp 4 Stroke. I would personally not go smaller.