Sp Or Hb?

Ken A

Which type of lures do you guys spend the most time using?

In summer here I fish mainly plastics but during the winter is mainly HB's & thats because I get poor results using SP's on the winter bream. Plus I much prefer a bream strike on an HB to a Bream bite on an SP :1naughty:

I reckon my ratio would be pretty close to 50/50 between HB/SP. How about you.

For me it would have to be hardbodies for sure ! I have not had much success using plastics so far so i dont have much confidence in them when chasing trout. Although i just scored my best brown of 2.45kg using an atomic fat grub on a gamma 211 jighead attached to a betts spin arm in gold. I suppose the results will improve with time but for now i usually reach for a hardbody lure first. :1fishing1:

I love HB fishing mainly because of the strike. I am not putting SP's down at all but the take just doesn't have the same impact. I still enjoy any form of lure fishing :biggrin2:

I started off spinning using HB's, then SP's came along and I was converted to almost 100% SP fishing.

In the last couple of years however, I've taken up HB throwing again and these days I never go out without at least a few hard bodies in my bag.

Pukk'

Guest Jocool

Probabaly be 95% SP for me. Allthough my HB collection has grown recently. I should fish them more I guess! :1prop:

Guest fishrunner

At the moment I'ld say softplastics!, do use the hardbodies, probably just not often enough!

Most of my lure fishing is for bass and I am a bit like Narralakes,

40% fly

30% hard body

and 20% soft plastic

I know you think I can't add up

Its just that I fish atleast 10% less than I should.

Cheers

Trev