Which GPS Chart Plotter

Yarraone

Hi everyone I am looking at buying a GPS Chart Plotter.. Should I buy just the plotter? Or a plotter and sounder in one? I already have a hummingbird sounder,

Also I would like one that is easy to use with pout to many confusing buttons and stuff, and not to expensive..

You know "GPS for DUMMIES" :wacko:

Should I need one at all???

i would just like to plot a few hot spots that I have found, so as to be able to be on the spot again, and possible to go out and find the FADS??

All your help in much appreciated....

Edited by yarraone

i've got a plotter sounder combo

every one said you do'nt need a plotter well everyone was wrong bigtime

the hawks at night with no moon.parra river with a heavey fog.the manning[got lost] just to name a few

but the two best things i love about the chart plotter is the highway option when going to a waypoint outside save time and fuel and marking fish with the man overboard button.proberly not the right way to do it but it works for me

the only thing i would surgest is keep the units seperate as when you use both your sounder is to small and i think you are only using half the pixals

i'll be getting a new sounder but i'll keep the old unit just for the plotter and system controles

and by the way i'm old school and a dumb shit when it comes to tec gadjets :biggrin2: cheers gary

Go the chart plotter they are a great investment. As you said you already have a sounder so keep the units seperate. As Gary said if you have a combo you lose to much when you split the screen unless you have a 10 inch screen, also if something happens to one of the units you won't lose the other as you would if it was a combo.

Cheers Silvo

G'day how are ya? Seen some good ones for much cheaper than retail on an online auction site...will email you the photos from the trip tomorrow...still haven't had a day off since the day out

Cheers Leo

G'day how are ya? Seen some good ones for much cheaper than retail on an online auction site...will email you the photos from the trip tomorrow...still haven't had a day off since the day out

Cheers Leo

no worries thanks mate :thumbup: