Boat Lighting

yelloc

I have LED lighting throughout my boat and love it, no more globes.

Here's a photo of a strip that sits under my rocket launcher, it's 50cm long, about 1cm wide and 1cm thick. You can put these strips anywhere and they're made of aluminium and fully waterproof. You can get a few different types.

Will PM you details.

post-10101-045466400 1295334830_thumb.jpg

I have LED lighting throughout my boat and love it, no more globes.

Here's a photo of a strip that sits under my rocket launcher, it's 50cm long, about 1cm wide and 1cm thick. You can put these strips anywhere and they're made of aluminium and fully waterproof. You can get a few different types.

Will PM you details.

post-10101-045466400 1295334830_thumb.jpg

:thumbup: go the LED, I just changed my tail lights to LED after years of frustration

& every outing checking the lights & changing globes. No more hassels :thumbup:

Also just fitted LED under the gunnels & in the cab. worry free :biggrin2:

zed

This what i brought

look up game.valley on e.b.a.y. , 2 x WHITE 48 LED Strip Light For all Style Cars 12V

I put inside a 10mm aluminium channel, and double sided tape to underneath the gunnells

I also built a dimmer for the LEDs as they are very bright at full strength

the two photos at the bottom doesn't show the true extent of the dimming

IMG_9785.jpg

IMG_9560.jpg

IMG_9561.jpg

IMG_9562.jpg

IMG_9786.jpg

IMG_9782.jpg

IMG_9783.jpg

Edited by Thunderace

I just put 2 x 1 metre strips of flexible LED's under the gunwales and they're great. The LED's aren't as large as yours and they're in the cool white colour so they're not as bright or harsh. I don't think they'll need a dimmer.

I stuck mine high up under the gunwales so you can't see them when your seated. Starboard side was tricky with the engine control looms in the way.

I'm really happy with them at $30 each.

Edited by EmptyHooks

Gotta love LED technology! I bought some from a shop, They are small and expensive, I think $40 a strip.

I have them on the pockets of my boat and they light up the hole rear area. Awesome! Will post pics later on.

Edited by Fezza
non sponsor link removed

THIS BOAT YOU HAV IN THESE PICS ...IS IT A "MONARK" HULL? IT LOOKS THE SAME AS MINE.. i MIGHT DO THE SAME :thumbup:

nope shes a arrowcraft

and these leds dont use much power at all

you could have them running all night and not worry about draining your battery

• 2 months later...
Guest Aussie007

you need to get the SMD LED strips dont bother with the older style globe strips u can buy LED strips from the guys below i got a 1 meter length for $10.50 free delivery and as pictured dont pay those huge ridiculous online shop prices $50-$60 per meter and they run off of 12volt battery they use .4amps or 2amps for 5 meters per hour witch is nothing u can run them all night long there easy to wire up they come with wires pre soldered if u want to solder your own wires it takes 2 seconds and piss easy to solder

http://volkalighting.com.au/ledstore/categories/LED-Strip-Series/Water-Resistant/

post-3154-041480900 1303085695_thumb.jpg

Guest Aussie007

Gazza..Which one did you get ??

cheapest white one i Could see is $17 per m.

i got this one i have it on my remote control plane hooked up to 11.1volts

post-3154-000018500 1303116343_thumb.jpg

Guest Aussie007

u can get all different colors u can get them from hobby shops there is a shop at caringbah named hobbyking/hstore there online hobby king store in hong kong stocks the LED strips its around $4 per meter plus delivery my order from them came in over the weekend i have 6 meters of mixed colours red,blue,green,white my boat will look like a disco lol the green and blue LED strips will be ideal for live bait tanks and all of these LED strips can be cut into short 10cm lengths so u can fit them anywhere u like just cut up the meter length into the length u need

Edited by gazza

Aaaahhhh, brings back memories............dimmed mood lighting, a glass of Pinot Noir, soft music,the warm bearskin rug, and the scent of pillies. What a night it was!!!!!!!!!

Pity I can't remember her name.

(The Old Smooth) Tuffy.

you need to get the SMD LED strips dont bother with the older style globe strips u can buy LED strips from the guys below i got a 1 meter length for $10.50 free delivery and as pictured dont pay those huge ridiculous online shop prices $50-$60 per meter and they run off of 12volt battery they use .4amps or 2amps for 5 meters per hour witch is nothing u can run them all night long there easy to wire up they come with wires pre soldered if u want to solder your own wires it takes 2 seconds and piss easy to solder

http://volkalighting...ater-Resistant/

Much appreciated mate. Just placed my order!

Guest Aussie007

u can buy LED dimmers on a online auction site type in "LED dimmer" i have one on the way 24V for a different job they are available in 12V and 24V up to 8amps 12V is $2.39 + $4.69

post-3154-020971600 1303803141_thumb.jpg