Flathead Tsunami, Jew Fish, Bream, EP

Joco

Hello raiders, apologies for not posting up reports, been busy with work, festive season, BDAYS, getaways and the rest.

TODAY, i went with Stewy to Cooks River and had a ball. See stewy's report.

Well here is what i have been up to over the past few months.

GEORGES RIVER 21-10-2010

Late November i visited the local waters and managed to crack a new PB....

Got a EP measuring at 40.5cm (PB) casting a double jointed rapala lure, deep diver...

In addition managed to score x1 jewie at around 60cm on a soft plastic....

chippingnorton78.jpg

chippingnorton75.jpg

GEORGES RIVER 22-10-2010

Returned to Georges the following night and managed to scroed x2 more jewies at around 60cm both on soft plastics.....

chippingnorton92.jpg

chippingnorton87.jpg

THE ENTRANCE 10-12-2010

Went for a flick to the Entrance with a mate and managed to score a nice feed of 11 flatties, many EP and smaller flatties were released.

101220101.jpg

THE ENTRANCE 26-12-2010

Went for a flick to the Entrance with Fisher_Doi (Johnny) and friends, to teach them the art of fishing.

Managed to score a nice feed of 13 flatties, many EP and smaller flatties were released.

261220103.jpg

THE ENTRANCE 06-01-2011

Went for a flick to the Entrance with my mate and his father to also teach them the art of fishing.

Managed to score over 30 flatties, kept 17 for the BBQ to feed the tribe, biggest going around 60cm...

In addition over a dozen EP, kept one at 35cm, and a reasonable bream.

080120113.jpg

GERROA 10 to 17-01-2011

Went to Gerroa for a BDAY week getaway.

Went to one section of the river were it pours into the ocean and to my surprise managed to get x3 flatties, x1 mullet, x1 bream @35cm, on a 7cm Double Jointed Rapala lure, all in 1 hour.

gerroa79.jpg

gerroa89.jpg

Went back the day after and downgraded to a 5cm Double Jointed Rapala lure.

Scored another 5 flatties in 1 hour.

gerroa178.jpg

Went back the third day and scored another 5 flatties and another smaller bream.

Great report and some excellent fish :thumbup:

However you and Stewy (and the rest of the desperates) are costing me a fortune . I have just been to the lolly shop (a.k.a. the local tackle shop) and bought a pile of poppers and soft plastics - I suppose someone has to keep the retail economy going strong :wacko:

I can't wait for the weekend to roll up.

thanks again for some great reports and also for motivating me to go out and have some fun as well

Cheers: Bill

Edited by Suttons Curse

Joco,

Still getting the Georges River jewies and you've been keeping busy with other species as well! Interesting with the double jointed hard bodies. Those entrance flatties are very impressive. Well done on feeding the family. Must have been a great holiday ...

THANKS fellas.....

:) BILL, i think everyone goes throught that stage of buying excess gear, BUT you will eventually use it sooner or later..... Maybee i will have to come over for a visit ;) so we can utalise that gear of yours....

PMAK, it was a great holiday. In relation to the Rapala Double Jointed lures doing the damage, i found that a bit strange myself, BUT if something works i guess you better stick with it.... Too bad that its not as effective in our local waters....

• 2 weeks later...

Well done mate such big months man, loving it well done, game fishing?

GAME fishing tomorrow, going to BROWNS Mountain to troll, then throw some surface poppers, and if that doesnt work then start jigging from the bottom (half way down) with 400g knife jigs..... See how we go.....