moli point Sunday 23/1

ross patti

Hi Raiders,

I was fishing in the Bay on Sunday, and noticed the usual 435 boats giving Moli point a good working over.

The surprising thing was a Police boat with about 8 officers dressed in what looked like flak jackets and riot gear. :1yikes:

They seemed to be checking some boats, but it didn't look like a safety inspection. It looked more like a full-on search for drugs, bombs, or God knows what.

Were any fellow raiders checked by these guys, or know what the story is ??

Happy hook-ups . ..

I usually see them going up and down past lambeth reserve on the georges most times im fishing. Also seen maritime (i think) on jetskies stopping boats, if only they stopped by some landbased spots...

Edited by livo4life

Also had a joke of a time hooking 13 kings with 7 legals... :thumbup:

Any decent size kings in amongst your legals from Moll. pnt? We have been finding large numbers of legal kings in many other(not so crowded) parts of the bay but all rats. Nothing over 90cm yet.

Guest Aussie007

we fished mol point the other day for zip and no one was there i was amazed as i was catching kings there in nov/dec last year

the 7 kings were all round the 65-69 mark, u get the right bait and u will better luck we fished with live squid that we caught early morning got 14 but lost 1 squid with the bomb very early into our session, we were there for bout 2 hours and only saw one other boat land a king the whole time we were there..

the 7 kings were all round the 65-69 mark, u get the right bait and u will better luck we fished with live squid that we caught early morning got 14 but lost 1 squid with the bomb very early into our session, we were there for bout 2 hours and only saw one other boat land a king the whole time we were there..

Thats what i thought.... we only got baby kings at moll point thru the week aswell. Theres bigger ones floating around in random places thru the bay. Large peeled banana prawns have been scoring the bigger fish. Either way, good effort scoring a few legal rats at molli.

I would rather catch nothing than fish there. Good on you for getting a few but its not my cup of tea. Plenty of spots outside the heads that give much better results with no other boats!

I caught my first ever legal kinghy there 4 yrs ago 68cm.....I caught 2, 58cms there 3 weeks ago,,,, i seen many boats KEEP their undersize kinghys there.... not my cup of tea..... very try hard...... not a fan of Molineaux Point......