Best Wharf

BiG_G

Hello once again everyone,

I was thinking about going to Mosman and fishing of the Wharf, is there any good wharfs with lots of fish?

I will be using a 12 foot rod, a 8 foot rod and a 7 foot rod. Not sure what I should put on my line though.

My lines can hold 12 - 15 kg's and 20 - 25kg's. My set up is usually simple. A sinker and a hook.

Can any one assist me with:

1. What i should add to my line?

2. What bait to use?

3. If there is a better spot than Mosman?

Thanks all.

Big-G,

My advice is to use as light gear as you can, you WILL get more strikes and more fish that way. Use small hooks (I use size 6/8/10/12 long shanks for strip baits) and light leader (say anywhere from 4-12lb and make it MINIMUM 1m long- preferably 1.5-2.0m long)) and as little lead as you can ... I personally prefer unweighted (but when there's some current I use a size 0/1/2 split shot crimped around 30cm above my hooks) mullet/yakka strips and chicken for common species (Bream, Whiting, Flathead etc. etc.)

ANY of the ferry wharves are producing fish ATM- you just gotta pick a time and day- and dont be surprized if some spots are packed with people.

Also, there are plenty of good spots on the Parramatta River where there are lots of BIG Bream, Flatties and Jewies for you to have some fun on, lol.

Good luck mate, let us kow how you get on

Anthony

:)

Thanks for that Anthony.

That helped a lot. I do use 8 Long Shanks but all i feel is bites.

Can you suggest anything about rock fishing? I keep getting snagged.

Thanks

George

Edited by BiG_G

Thanks for that Anthony.

That helped a lot. I do use 8 Long Shanks but all i feel is bites.

Can you suggest anything about rock fishing? I keep getting snagged.

Thanks

George

For rock fishing you want to be using 12 ft and larger rods.

Depending on what you are doing, SPs or bait fishing will determine your outfit and what you are targeting.

If you find you are constantly getting snagged on retrieval, than it is likely that your retrieval is too slow and before you begin to wind in, you should lift your rod tip vigorously initially to lift the sinker from the bottom.

Be safe, wear rock fishing boots and always watch the water.

Will

ive found that just a simple burley like bread, or bread mixed with fish attractant pellets, work well, as it sits on the water and slowly sinks. This is a killer for leather jackets, yakkas, even blackfish. best wharfs are found around the hacking.

Will,

Thanks for that mate, i will be bait fishing, been to Kiama with my mates and all

Was a bad day, there was a seal in the water and was a big let down, drove 3 hours for 2 cods and a salmon.

Rafinx,

Thanks for the tipper, i'm going to try this, do you know where the closest wharf near the hacking is near Parramtta?

Edited by BiG_G

Will,

Thanks for that mate, i will be bait fishing, been to Kiama with my mates and all

Was a bad day, there was a seal in the water and was a big let down, drove 3 hours for 2 cods and a salmon.

Rafinx,

Thanks for the tipper, i'm going to try this, do you know where the closest wharf near the hacking is near Parramtta?

Gymea, alot of ppl go to wallys wharf aswell.w