beginners fly tying

reeseman

Hey raiders,

Im new to the fly fishing world and i decided that tying my own flies would be fun. i was wondering if i could get a few opinions to see if any of these would work. I am aiming mostly at saltwater species, bream, whiting and flat head. Also the second pic is my attempts at tying a smaller version of pink things.

post-9542-071758900 1296944246_thumb.jpg

post-9542-089498200 1296944297_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply and the advice mate I'll try them out. I cast up and down the shore at taylors beach for a few hours but with no success, my casting improved heaps too. I was having fun just watching the loops fly off the end of the rod. My presentation land is pretty disgusting though

Thanks for the reply and the advice mate I'll try them out. I cast up and down the shore at taylors beach for a few hours but with no success, my casting improved heaps too. I was having fun just watching the loops fly off the end of the rod. My presentation land is pretty disgusting though

I have tried taylors quite a few times with not a lot of success with poppers do try dutchies at dawn I'm sure you get something.

Che

Mate are you pulling our legs????.

Those flies look really well done- LOL, you should also post the one's that got away...

Nice clousers and things.

You should change your name to Muz Wilson or Felty!.

Excellent flies- keep up the good work!

Hahaha cheers nanook I'd like to learn from muz Wilson one day. To be honest I just looked at a few flies I've seen before and tried to keep the general shape but change colours a bit. I've seen heaps for sale on online shop I didn't think they were that great to be honest. I'll b over the moon once I get something.

Status report: dropped two really small bream at soldiers point marina. Went to boat harbor, garfish followed my flies but didn't take them so I cheated and put worm on my fly rod with a hook. Got one good gar fish but that was it. Long story short I got the s$@ts with it and used dough on a float got 20 yellow tail so was a bit of fun. Anyways thanks for reading guys I'll make more flies soon.

Good onya for having a go with the flies keep at it I'm sure you will get something decent soon.

I was out today off ducties and corlete pretty miserable conditions got a few bonies including a couple of leaping ones first for me and a couple of just legal tailor.

Cheers

:) thanks Roberta. Ill keep trying to practice but now im back home in fairfield its hard to throw a line anywhere. But i think wollongong is the best spot for me only an hour away.

And thanks for the comment Gibbo least u got some fish were they on fly?